Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 06:23

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Saturday Dec 20

Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread. All are welcome here who are using, considering or just curious about the PP WOE.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 07:37

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi! Sorry I was AWOL yesterday; another busy week at work. But guess what . . .

I got the promotion!

You may now call me "Bawdyflex, Project Manager Extraordinaire." They also gave me a $200 gift certificate to a really nice inn and restaurant for all the extra work I've done lately.

Ellie, I'll be sending positive thoughts your way for the new position.

I'll catch up a little later. I need to get to the grocery store before the crowds. See ya in a bit!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sat, Dec-20-03 at 07:39.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 07:58

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

CONGRATULATIONS BAWDY !!

#4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 10:09

BF:

Aw, shucks!

Ellie, by the way . . . I've often threatened to take away DH's Civil War and WWII computer games. He'll sit there for hours!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sat, Dec-20-03 at 10:10.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 10:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, welcome to your new stress level!!!

Now you're Ms BawdyFlex, Project Manager

Good morning to the rest of us still in our same jobs and those hunting

Food is ok, but I am in a lot of fibromyalgia pain this week, so I've dug into my Celebrex samples (arthritis in the feet) so I may be plumping up with water.I'm just going with the flow, so to speak.I haven't been working out, my hip bursitis has really flared since the first snowstorm.

How you doing, Orang?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 10:44

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

WTG BAWDY!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts Yesterday was such a bad day at work, I feel like I want this new job so bad that I am jinxing it. I have gotten to the point where I truly hate my job and dread going to work every day. I have too much time vested in federal service to give it up and the job opportunities are scarce. This is the first job opening since February last year. I applied for a Financial Analyst job even though I didn't think I had a snowballs chance of even qualifing for it. I didn't have direct experience with revolving funds which is what the job was about. I was good enough to rate a interview! Didn't expect it at all and even though I didn't get the job I knew the lady that did and she was very deserving of it and had more experience that I did. This job is EXACTLY what I used to do so I am really praying that I will get it.

TOM, started back up this am, feeling crampy, bloated, and generally blue. Then again I have felt this way for over a week now, think I would be used to it by now

Elaine - Does the Celebrex help? Have you tried Vioxx? Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Orang - How are you feeling?

Lissette - don't worry about the pizza Just jump back on and don't look back. Think of it as your CAD meal. I am going to try to find DR Lee's book later on today.

Alicia - I sometimes post a night too. I am two hours behind you in the fall/winter and 3 hours behind in spring/summer. Late night for you is early evening for me.

Well ladies, my housework is calling out. I promised DD I would take her and a friend to see Lord of the Rings, Return of the King this afternoon. It is over 3 hours long! I told them that since DH isn't here they can't ditch me in theater and leave me sitting alone They also have to share the popcorn with me

Rob, Citygirl, Wendy in Love, Rebecca, and Marnie

Last edited by Chamellie : Sat, Dec-20-03 at 10:47.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/122/115 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hello all! I am sorry to hear that so many of you are not feeling well. I guess I will add another as I have a cold. But I don't mind too much. I will curl up with my little girl and watch Christmas movies while we drink LC hot chocolate. I have 2 kids. My little girl is 3 and my little boy is 8 months old. We are really looking forward to Christmas this year since it will be the first Christmas that Sarah understands anything about what is happening. I hope that you all get to feeling better and have a wonderful day. I will pray for anyone that has to go into town, as I am sure the crowds will be terrible.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 14:37

BF:

First, I wanted to update everyone on my cat/dog peeing problem. Someone (DH swears it wasn't him) had been peeing almost every day right in front of the kitchen sink. We finally figured out it was the cat. (DH is now off the hook!)

She even peed twice under the Christmas tree. (yuck)

I posted a thread regarding this on the "old board" because it gets a lot of traffic. Most people said she was probably having joint pain and it was probably painful for her to go down the stairs to get to her box.

Nope. We feed her on top of the washing machine and she has no trouble getting up there. Her favorite place to sleep is on top of the tall barstool at the kitchen island.

Also, I had put a 4-foot high fence up to block the entry into the living room where the tree was. She hopped over that like it was a speed bump.

DH took her to the vet yesterday and found out she has a raging bladder infection. She'll be on antibiotics for at least a couple weeks.

So, problem solved.

Hi, Alisha! Sorry you're under the weather too. I don't know if I'm simply a healthy person or whether LCing has something to do with it, but I rarely get colds. <<knocking on wood>>

Wendy, where are you? We're starving for more gossip here. We're all living vicariously through your love life. Don't leave us hanging!

Yesterday was our holiday luncheon at work. They cater a nice lunch with turkey, ham, and all the fixings. They also have what they call a "pasta station" where they will stir-fry any of a number of veggies and then add pasta (or not) and either red or alfredo sauce. They had a bowl of shrimp alfredo already made up, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and try some. The serving I took was MAYBE 1/4 cup of pasta with 3 shrimp. I also ate a small portion of an apple cobbler-type dessert. About a half hour later my stomach was just churning. It still feels odd. Even though the pasta was good, my system simply doesn't know how to handle it any more.

Robin, you mentioned that brown rice kept you fuller than pasta. That makes sense in that brown rice is not processed like pasta is. Listen to your body.

I'm rambling today. I finally sent out my Christmas cards. Does anyone else think sending out cards is wasteful? By the time I get to them, I typically don't have time to include a personal note. So I spend a ton of money first on the cards and then on postage. Why don't they make Christmas postcards? At least they would be cheaper to mail. I envy those people who are strong enough to not send cards.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 17:33

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Bawdy. I'm not much of a card sender but when I do I tend to send e-cards(free when I can find 'em. Most of the sites are partnering with fee-based card companies). You can set them to be delivered whenever you want, i.e on Christmas, etc.
Glad the cat is getting some much needed meds.

I was able to do a 48 minute yoga on a balance ball tape and 30 min WATP. I am wondering if I shouldn't have my doc put me on Celebrex during the cold weather.

I have an appt with my sister's old gyn to see about that fibroid. My doc says the MRI appears to show a fibroid, so that's 2 tests with the same conclusion. My sis says she really liked that doc so I have an appt for Jan 20. I'm due to have my yearly around then anyway and wasn't crazy about the one I was going to last year.

Hope Wendy is having a great Xmas!!!
Hi Alisha Hope you're feeling better.