Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 04:59

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Tuesday - Dec 16

Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread. All are welcome here who are using, considering or just curious about the PP WOE.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 06:27

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Yep, a graduate of the PPP school of hit-&-run posting!!!
Good Morning Everyone!!
Well, started the day off with the 3 course breakfast;
1) tuna salad on some porkrinds (about 5 of 'em)
2) the rest of the tuna salad out of the bowl
3) Designer Whey chocolate shake( 'bout a half hour later)
Hope everyone has a great LC day!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 07:13

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

OK, PITA is back-that dreaded pound I keep losing and gaining and losing is back again, I'm at 220.5.UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Of course, I did eat more calories last week so I am not surprised. The good news is I did a 2 mile WATP tape last night.

Rob, what part of NJ are you from? My ex is from Long Branch.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 07:30

BF:

Yesterday's menu:

Total Calories: 1633
Fat: 95 gms 854 Cal 54%
Sat: 34 gms 303 Cal 19%
Poly: 16 gms 142 Cal 9%
Mono: 37 gms 331 Cal 21%
Carbs: 50 gms 160 Cal 10% ECC: 40 gms
Fiber: 10 gms 0 Cal 0%
Protein: 145 gms 581 Cal 36%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet w/ 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Drink - 4 oz sf gelatin w/ .75 tbs psyllium hulks

Snacks:
8 pork rinds
1/3 cup of mixed nuts (no peanuts)
5 oz lean pork loin - braised

Dinner:
8 ozs chicken liver - with 1/8 coup flour and 2 tbs butter
5 ozs cauliflower w/ 1 oz velveeta and 1 tbs half and half
beets - cooked in juice with vinegar and sweet n low - drained before eating

Liquids - 12 oz coffee, 1 liter diet-rite, 64 ozs water
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:58

BF:

Robin:
Saw your post re: Atkins and meds. I have to choose a lot between taking meds that are likely to delay or disrupt my weight loss or living with whatever symptom or condition they relieve. With the exception of meds truly needed for safety's sake, this is a matter of personal conscience IMO. I don't take the warnings in the Atkins materials terribly seriously because so many of the items that he prohibits or warns people to avoid have had absolutely no effect on my weight loss when I have used them - this has included both foods and meds.

I'm a rarity on LC boards - someone who doesn't think Dr. Atkins is the ultimate authority on LC. I think he deserves a lot of credit for pushing the LC WOEs for so many years in the face of opposition, but I find many of his underlying theories - like 'adding more fat is the way to lose fat', 'ketosis is absolutely necessary for weight loss' and 'calories don't count' - not to be true for me and many others I've come to know on the boards. I also feel his plan has everyone drop carbs to levels that are not necessary for the majority of people to experience the benefits of LC - these very low levels are not a good idea for those with undiagnosed health issues like erratic cardiac rhythm and borderline thyroid disorders to name a few of the most common.

Robin, you've been experiencing regular weight / inch loss while on Vioxx - listen to your body.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 11:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewinpa
Rob, what part of NJ are you from? My ex is from Long Branch.

Northeast, just a stone's throw from the NJ/NY state line
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 14:52

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Another hit-and-run posting.

It's almost 4:00 and I haven't done my upper-body workout. I think I hear my Bowflex calling my name . . . "Oh, Baaaawwwwwwdddddddyyyyy. Come up and see me. I have some moves for you that will make you cry out loud. . ."

(ooooh, am I naughty today!)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 16:06

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm back. Finished the full pyramid upper-body workout.

Menus have been pretty good lately. Trying to eat a little more. I made that broccoli/cauliflower salad on Sunday, and have been having two (2-cup) servings each day. With all the fiber, there shouldn't be any "backlog" problems for a while!

How's everyone? I got cable internet hooked up today. Man, is it fast! Next I need to get someone out here to set up a wireless network so that we can run my desktop, my laptop, DH's desktop, and DH's laptop all on the Internet at the same time. I need a wireless router and some cards. Technology is great . . . as long as someone else sets it up and it works every time!

Elaine, sorry about that PITA. I have the same problem, except with a 5-pound chunk rather than a 1-pounder.

Orang, how are you feeling lately? Getting your strength back? Your calories and other numbers are lower than you were getting before. How is it working for you? 40 ECC is not much for you. How's the ketone level? Did you forget to include lunch in your menu? 40 ECC sounds like a lot for the food you have listed.

Another question. Whenever you mention mixed nuts, you always specify no peanuts. Why? Do you not like them? Do you avoid them because they're a little higher in carbs? Do you like Macadamia nuts? I often have a handful in the evening (works out to be around 1 ounce or so).

Hmmmm. Just call me "Bawdy of 1,000 Questions."
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:09

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI!
Hit and run is the theme today!

Just got back from Rapid to the dermatologist, Now it is off the Christmas Program that my DS is SO excited about! He is at the age that all of that singing and sitting still for so long is BORING! I told him he had better behave! Our programs here are actually a bit tedious,(small school,small budget.) But it still is cute to see the kids warble "Santa Claus is coming to town!)

A BIG WTG to Bawdy and Elaine! (the workout sistas!!!!)

I ate mcdonalds today, BUt I put the meat on a osolo bun with no fries! My one thing I could of done without was a sf hazelnut cream chocolate bar (Belgin!!) From cavalier chocolates!!!!!!

Hi Orang and Rob!!

See you all Wendsday!

Last edited by Lissette : Tue, Dec-16-03 at 18:10.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:22

BF:

Bawdy:
Glad you are enjoying the bowflex.

I'm feeling stronger and don't hurt as much when I pick things up - my weight limit is still 10 lbs. until after Jan 1 - but I have forgotten a few times lately and it hasn't hurt. I didn't eat well today - nibbled all day - tummy wasn't feeling well - hubby had a 24 stomach bug on Sunday so.... I ate a large dinner, but I still don't feel so hot.

As for my numbers - they are similar to my numbers back in July and August except more calories are coming from fat and less from protein - something Orion at eatprotein.com and my endo advised me to do for the KUD. For some reason - the docs are baffled - I seem to be tolerating lower carb amounts since the surgery. The endo thinks it is possible the swollen scar tissue was somehow interferring with my pancreatic function (part of it was near the pancreas) and this may be why I'm doing better. My ketone levels have stayed remarkably consistent since I started eating again - more so than they ever did before. I have the go ahead to drop my carbs slowly if I want - I did it a few days and my ketones did not go up!

I went out to FitDay to be sure about the numbers and that I had entered the foods correctly. It seems to be. Here's a link to my FitDay info - it is very incomplete for the period when I was ill -- the special drinks and liquid diet foods weren't available in the FitDay database.
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=FatLady3

Mixed nuts have about the same stats with or without peanuts - I use the nuts without peanuts because hubby doesn't like peanuts. Macadamia nuts are OK - I'm not crazy about them.

Elaine:
Sorry to hear PITA is coming and going -- I did that in between whooshes.

Rob:
I've been picking on others with my PhotoShop skills -- bet you are grateful. NE Jersey - I dated a guy from there for a while. Looks like you tummy troubles are over given your menu.

Edited to include:
Shelley:
Glad you had a good day in Rapids and hope the DS's performance goes well tonight.

Where are our missing members.

Last edited by Orang : Tue, Dec-16-03 at 18:30.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:25

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys, time just seems to escape me these days I have to take DD to her Choir Concert in a few minutes so I don't have much time. I did manage to go to the Gym last night and did a 45 minute workout, 25 cardio 20 weights. I have been eating ok but retaining water like crazy. I drank a 44 oz diet pepsi, usually keeps me in the bathroom every 5 minutes and I have only gone once since I drank it! I also have that beached whale feeling as well

Went to doctor today, 3 HOURS PAST MY APPOINTMENT!!! My appt was at 1015 and I didn't get back to work until almost 2pm. She gave me a referal to my Gyn and also did a bunch of lab work and had it sent to him so he will have it when I go to see him. She thinks it is just pre-menopause but I would like his opinion just the same.

Driving here is getting to be absolutely rediculous! It is enough to drive you mad. All of the produce you are all enjoying comes from here this time of year. This means that our city is wall to wall trucks. Add the trucks to the 50,000 snow birds that are all over 70 and you take you life into your hands everytime you get behind the wheel. I was almost hit 3 times today and it is like this everyday. They pay no attention when changing lanes, trucks cut you off left and right.......CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

Can you tell I am a bit frustrated?