Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 05:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Saturday, Feb. 21

Let's try this again, Renee!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 05:30

BF:

My numbers for yesterday:
Calories: 1738 goal: 1500 - 1600 (Fitday says 1672 to meet my goal)

Fat: 115 grams (58%) goal: 70%
Carbs/fiber: 31/10 grams (6%) goal: 5%
Protein: 85 grams (20%) goal: 25%
Alcohol: 40 grams (16%) goal: 3 - 4 glasses per week
Water: 40 ounces (26%) goal: 64 ounces

What happened to my numbers? It was a strange day, schedule-wise, and planning was hard. I was going to be working a half day, and then get some well-deserved pampering. Pedicure and manicure, followed by a color/highlight/cut across town. My afternoon snack (see below) was supposed to come between these two events.

Breakfast was fine; snack was fine; lunch was fine. Actually, what I planned for lunch (large salad with Parmesan and chicken) ended up being way too much. But I ate it anyway (1st mistake). My afternoon snack was to be Macadamia pudding (2 ounces Neufchatel cheese, 1 Tbsp Mac butter, 1 Tbsp cream, 1 tsp Splenda). I started thinking maybe I wouldn't have time later for the snack, so I ate it with lunch. I was too full after eating lunch (didn't even finish it), but went ahead and had dessert. (Did I say " ").

By the time I got home from work, I was tired (but looked great with my new "do"). Didn't feel like eating or cooking, so I nuked a frozen dinner for DH and decided to do my splurge for the week and have a glass of whiskey (my first and only this week -- won't be having any this weekend, so I'm sticking to my goal). I was a little munchy, not bad, so I had a slice of cheese and a serving of walnuts (1/4 cup). Other than the quantity I ate at lunch, I thought I would be having a pretty light day. Instead, I was about 300 calories higher than intended. The whiskey definitely wasn't worth it.

But I can't worry about yesterday. Nothing to be done about that. I can and will worry about today. I plan on working out today and eating right all weekend.

Meg, any word yet?

PS: I've attached pics of the terrorists (er, I mean kittens). Thanks, Renee, for resizing them for me! Merry is the long-hair calico, and Pippin is the short-hair.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 07:36
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Good morning!

Bawdy: I am so glad you had a better hair experience this time around! I am in need of a refreshing color. Maybe next week, I will make an appointment today while at the Spa that I am helping out there this afternoon.

The kittens are purr-dorable!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 07:51

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, finding the right stylist is like one of those days when you feel like evrything you touch will be gold Been there. I travel into Center City Philly to get mine done. She's worth every second and every penny.

By the way, welcome back to page one . I am trying lc/ww this weekend to get an idea of what I am eating and if this will work for me. I know I tried this before but having more commitment this time around. Isn't it great that we get to start over?

Where do you get macadamia butter?

Hi Dawn!

Hope Orang has a great time today. I wish I had better feet and a better back and a smaller bladder so I could go hiking.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 08:46

BF:

I've always gotten my Mac butter from the Atkins website store. The sale price on the site is less than the price at my local health food store, even when you add in the shipping. Of course, I typically buy 6 jars at a time! I think the shipping is something like $7.95, so I wait until I have a large order. I only have 1 jar left (1/2 jar still in the fridge), so I should be ordering soon.

The health food store also carries cashew butter and other nut butters by the same manufacturer, but I'm not sure on the Atkins site.

I just checked the site. The Mac butter is still on sale for $3.99 (regularly $4.50). It has 2 grams of effective carbs per serving (2 Tbsp). They also have Sunflower nut butter, for 1 gram ECC.

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sat, Feb-21-04 at 08:51.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 12:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Saturday

Bawdy, your calico looks like a cat I used to have. She was a beautiful Maine Coon! Yours' is a doll too!

Meg, how are things going? Still praying for you!

Renee (or anyone), what is the "calorie per pound" thingy? I am still having a lot of trouble understanding the technical stuff about PP (I never was good at math !) Can someone please help? I am getting so discouraged trying to get this thing off the ground !!!!

KAT
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 13:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good afternoon everyone!

Well. today's going well so far..upper 40's & sunny...might try to go out & catch some rays!!

so far, I had an omlette for breakfast- 3 lg eggs, ham. roast beef, pepperoni & cheese..also a protein shake to get it up to the proper levels. And some more ham , some greenery, and a cheeseburger for lunch(no bun). Dinner is going to be LC meatloaf, caulifower based pseudo-mashed-potato, and some more greenery.

Bawdy- I read somewhere years ago, that in their own conversations, the cats that own us refer to us as "the can openers"
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 13:46

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

h I am having a BAAAD week...TOM and I are not getting along at all.......next week will be better
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 14:02

BF:

Kat, the "calorie per pound" thing is based on your basal metabolic rate and some other mumbo-jumbo. All I know is that to lose pounds, you should shoot for 9 to 10 times your current weight. So, since I now weigh 164, I should be eating between 1,476 and 1,640 calories (9 x 164, and 10 x 164). To lose a little faster (which is what Orang is doing), you can drop it down to maybe 8 times your weight (for me that would be 1312). I'm trying to stay around 1,500 calories for the time being, since going lower didn't seem to help me at all.

The only fly in the ointment (hmmmm, why did I just have a flashback to the snotty flaxseed breakfast?) is that if you get too low, your body "thinks" times are tough and starts being way too efficient in metabolizing those calories and your weight loss will slow or even stop.

Whatever you try, do it for at least 3 to 4 weeks to get a good read on how your body is reacting. I started my new goals (see above) on Monday, February 16. I'm going to stick to that plan until at least the second week in March.

Rob, you actually gave us a complete paragraph! And then some!!! "Can opener" is the polite name they give us. I suspect I'm called other things when I don't move fast enough for their taste!

Your menu looks good. How have you been doing lately? Have you lost more and not updated your signature, or are you maintaining?

Unity, hang in there. The week is almost over.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 16:23

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, this is my stats using lc/ww. Points allowed for the day without using flex points=30. (you can use 35 flex points a week. Salad is considered 0 points.I used my activity points for a 3 mile WATP but no additional flex points)My total around 29.7. I found an online ww journal which will keep a total of my points.

My cals in Fitday are around 1370, carbs at 20 and fat at 56%.Protein at 99 grams.Whaddaya think?Doable? Cals too low? I can use some flex points to raise that.

Breakfast - What you ate: pValues
egg 2.00
2 egg whites 0.50
2 pats butter 1.00
T lc bagel 1.77
Breakfast Total pValues: 5.27

Lunch - What you ate: pValues
4 oz burger 4.00
american cheese 2.00
salad,tomato,onion 0.00
Lunch Total pValues:

Dinner - What you ate: pValues
2 chicken thighs 8.00
salad 0.00
2 T kraft light 2.00
1 cup Carb Smart Ice cream 6.00
Dinner Total pValues:

Snack - What you ate: pValues
1 oz chicken breast 1.00
Pria carb select 1.00
7 pcs turkey pepperoni 0.33
Snack Total pValues: 2.33

Elaine
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 16:30

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone, just have a minute to check in. I am doing very well on induction, 1 week down! I haven't gotten on the scale so I don't know how much I lost but feel like a shed a few pounds of water. I went the gym this morning and had a awesome workout! My energy level was great and did 40 minutes on the elliptical machine at a fast pace! Even DH was amazed. If I could do that everytime I would do it everyday. Wish I could solve the mystery of why some days are like today and some days are awful. I also did abs, the gym has a great machine, like an ab roller, and boy do you feel it. Also did a good arm workout with weights. I am starting to feel that induction bored with my food feeling but will stick it out. DH & I are going to the movies so I will bring some legal things for me, pepperoni sticks is about it.

I am really getting worried about Meg
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 17:42

BF:

Ellie, I'm with you. I'm getting worried about Meg.

Elaine, maybe it's a little low on calories, but I say try it and see how you do. It certainly looks like you're getting plenty of food. If you don't get hungry, it's probably fine. When Orang gets back tomorrow, she might be able to see something I've missed.

I'm signing off for the night. See you all in the morning!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 22:28

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

am i going to be the last post of the night????

i just got home a bit ago from skiing. it was a really beautiful day on the mountain. and the skiis i demoed were wonderful. so good in fact i just spent 3/4 of my tax return on a new ski/boots package. i am looking forward to trying them out now!! anybody want to go???

i did okay food wise, but i deffinately didn't get enough water. my headache is confirming that for me.....

meg--i am with everybody here, hope things are okay.

bawdy--do we get to see pics of the new do?? i actually got highlights in my hair for the first time ever in december. i don't know what i was ever worried about. they look great. and i also found a stylist who understands my hair. makes you feel good.

about that macadamia pudding. do you just whip all the ingrediants together. do you think regular cream cheese will work?? i get my nut butters at my local grocery store in the "healthy food" aisle.

all--what do you use your nut butters on?? i have a jar of the macadamia and don't really like it on celery or toast. i made some of the peanut butter cups with it and they are not too bad. just doesn't have enough umph like regular ole peanut butter. i am going to try some other flavors though, once i get rid of this jar i have now.

orang--hope you had a great hike!! feels good to get outdoors and expend some energy!!

ellie--what movie did you see, was it good?? the bf and i usually go quite often to the movies, but we haven't in a couple of weeks, we need to go!!

yesterday somebody said how neat it was that we have this little group of friends that we care what happens to even though we most likely will never meet any of them in person. i am pretty thankful for it. it is fun to check in here as daily as possible and see what everybody is up to...not to mention all the support we get from eachother. whoever thought of this daily thread idea, it was a GREAT one!!!

to everybody that i didn't mention names---big hello!!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 22:30

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

p.s. if it is 9pm here, it is like 12 on the east coast. is it time to start the sunday thread??? can i ??? can i ???

when is the "official start time" for the next days thread??
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 01:53

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
p.s. if it is 9pm here, it is like 12 on the east coast. is it time to start the sunday thread??? can i ??? can i ???

when is the "official start time" for the next days thread??
lol Ithink that if it is 12 my time I can start it...

meg...are you alright??
*praying for meg*