Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 193/160/150
BF:
Progress: 77%
Question This may be gross!

I apologize if this is a little gross, but it is a concern of mine, so I had to ask.

I gained weight (4lbs) over X-mas and New Years essentially because I wasn't following the diet. I stayed with friends of mine over the holidays. They are Indian (subcontinental, not native american/first nation). Have ever tried to stay at an Indian home without eating rice or roti? Right!! So, I gained some weight. To speed my weight loss and because I had experienced a stall/weight gain before the Holidays, I upped my fat content while lowering my calorie intake for three days starting last Sunday. After that, I increased calories to 1800+ while still maintaining that 75-80% fat content. Oh, and I exercise for about 2hrs 4-5x/week. [That preserved my sanity over the holidays when I saw the scale going in the wrong direction.] I've now lost all of my holiday weight and am working on my stall weight.

Anyway, the issue: Unlike some who may have had problems with constipation, I seem to be keep pretty regular. My concern is that sometimes immediately after . . . urrr. . . waste disposal, I feel decidely weak. This isn't the first time during this diet that I've noticed this. What's happening? And, what should I do if anything?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links