Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 04:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Way too much!!
Progress: 38%
Unhappy Boy, this is gross and graphic, but gotta know!

Hi,
Sorry to be so gross and graphic, but I'm one month into this thing and I thought my body was gross b4?!?!?! Now things are hanging all over the place. Anyone else experiencing this? I can tighten stomach up, but, ugh, I will need to write in to EXTREME MAKE OVERS. Is this a good thing or what? Yuck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:05

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

Congratulations MAY, your body is loosening up all that packed fat and is getting ready to send it on its way. I had the same problem and still do in some areas. It is very important to drink alot of water to flush all that fat out, 2: Doing exercises is a good thing to tighten up the excess flesh, and you may want to use some of that firming lotion twice a day to hydrate your skin and give it more elasticity thus enabling it to return to its original place.It is very important to be patient, remember, we don`t gain weight overnight and getting rid of the consequences of that weight gain takes time as well. Keep your chin up, you`re doing well..........
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 07:34
Registered Member

Stats: 337/310/200 Female 5ft. 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Even though I don't have that problem YET, any suggestions on the lotions to use ? there are alot of them out there
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 07:41

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Vitamin E oil is a good choice. It's good for stretch marks and scars as well. I just break open a capsule and smear it in. A bit messy. If you prefer, buy a cream (richer than a lotion) that has vitamin E and or aloe. Isn't it wonderful to be developing this problem? Congratulations on your losing.

Skin will change and tighten up more as you lose.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 13:03

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

When I started loosing lots of weight, I noticed loose stuff too!! I still have some, but with exercise it does start to go away. I kinda think that your body is in shock about loosing the fat so fast, and doesn't tighten up as fast as you are loosing!! I love it!! Just tuck in into your new size jeans like a favorite t-shirt, and get a' goin'
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 13:52

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

lol... I defiantely have this problem I guess...but it only bothers me in the gut area....mine was stretched from having 2 kids in 2 years and bouncing up and down 50 pounds 2 times too... I am starting to reall appreciate when things get jello-ey again becuase I know the fat is leaving me... it takes a few months for your skin to catch up but I'd say when we lose over 100 lbs a tummy tuck may be in order but I read to wait 1 year after you lose it all to give nature a chance to tighten it up a bit first.