Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 06:11
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 172/127/125 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Question What do you do with your old Clothes?

Just curious what other people are doing with their old clothes. I've been "doing Atkins" for 6 months now. After my first big "skinny shopping" spree, I moved many of my larger-sized clothes out of the closet. Haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of them just yet.

What is everyone else doing?

Curious
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 07:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm still wearing them, I hope to be able to buy a whole new spring summer wardrobe so I'm hanging in them.

I suggest a donation to your local shelter. Many of the residents are larger sizes and donations in that area are low!!!! That is what I plan to do with mine when I'm ready to move on.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 08:07

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have been routinely packing up bags full and taking them to the Women's shelter - or rather leaving them at drop off spots where they get picked up. A lot of them are good quality working clothes and will be of use / value.

I have also given away a few of my favourite party dresses to various members of the forum - rather see them go to people I know and people I know will pass them on to others when they shrink out of them

N
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 08:14

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I kept my biggest pair of pants so that someday I can do an "after" photo holding my fat pants in front of me. Other than that, everything has been going to Goodwill, but I think I'll try the women's shelter next. That's a good idea!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 08:18
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I do the same as Nat... and give away my nicer things to friends I know that can use them. But make no mistake, as soon as they're too big, OUT THEY GO!!! I'll NEVER go back there!! That's just a demonstration of how strong the sense of control is when you LC!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 08:39

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I donated all the usable stuff to a co-worker who had the terrible misfortune of losing everything in a house fire. The rest that were in too bad a condition or stained went in the trash. I'm determined to never go back to those sizes again!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 08:43
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 172/127/125 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Donating Old Clothing to Shelters

Yes, that is what my sister and I had decided was best - donating to shelters.

Since I work in an office, many of my clothes are business suits, dresses and nice skirts. As my sister put it "wouldn't you feel good to know that one of those ladies got a job by wearing your outfit to the job interview?"

Now I just need to grab that bag of clothes out of the basement and go drop it off at the shelter.

Quote of the week: I didn't "loose" the weight - I got rid of it!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 08:54
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

doante them to women in distress. I heard of this from Oprah show a few years ago.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 09:55

Stats: 163.2/156.6/143.3
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey GetN-skinE

There is a forum somewhere on this site for people who want to donate their clothes to other lowcarbers...
I just did a quick search and could not find it, but if you are interested, let me know and I'll do another one more thoroughly.

As for giving clothes to the groups or womens shelters, here in Holand, we have some of those clothes Containers across town. Some are for the "Armée du Salut" (sorry, i cannot remember the English - or Dutch for that matter! equivalent, i simply recognise their containers and logos) and other non profit groups.

Throughout the year, I get some clothes that I do not wear anymore (and u know how difficult that is to admit.....even though u have not worn it in 2 years!!!) and give it to them. Personally, I prefer doing that than giving money to organisation. (clothes , food, real stuff...)

Happy low carbing!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 09:56

Stats: 163.2/156.6/143.3
BF:
Progress: 33%

it just came back to me. I meant the <b>Salvation Army...</b>
Gosh... what a life. a French person who lived in England and now living in Amsterdam... Telling you, this messes up the brain and the languages!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 15:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Well, if I ever get OUT of my old clothes, I'm keeping the biggest pair of pants for comparison and giving the rest to a woman who requested them from this site - IF she still wants them. By the time I undergrow them, she may have lost more than me.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 16:06
Registered Member

Plan: PPLP/Schwarzbein
Stats: 183/152/140 Female 5 foot 4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 72%

I havent done it yet, but i LIKE some of my old clothes that are too big, and cant afford to buy a whole new wardrobe, so i'm going to reverse engineer some of my fave things and resew the big clothes, making them smaller than they were before.