Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 13:20

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Thumbs up Day 1 and its nearly completed - thank heavens !!!!!!!!

Hi All

Well my world hit rock bottom today. To be honest I really am ashamed, but at least its motivated me into doing something positive. So here it is:-

I was crawling around on all fours at 4.30 this morning. I was in my daughters bedroom in the dark, trying to find her christmas chocolate, because the cravings were so bad and I did'nt have any left.

That is what has motivated me and today I've been on the CAD plan. My RM was not balanced, but at least I did not cheat out of the CM's.

Has anyone else had similiar experiences?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 13:58

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up Way to go!

You are on your way again Julie.. to feeling that wonderful freedom from cravings that you get when you stick to CAD. If I was you, I wouldn't worry overly much about balancing the RM's just now, just concentrate on not eating any carb-rich foods except for that one hour. You can fine-tune it to a better balance later. On the other hand... you don't want to go carb-crazy at your RM, either.. or it might cause you to have a harder time staying away from carbs the rest of the day.

I think it is wonderful that you are back. I have had lots of really, really low moments like what you described in my dieting history. Every single diet drove me to similar types of behaviour sooner or later.

Be really careful to keep your CM's right on track and it shouldn't take too long for those cravings to subside. And gets lots of water too, it does help.

You can do it, Julie.. we are all rooting for you!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Tigra I'm glad you're back with us.

A few days ago I was cleaning out my car and found a Godiva candy bar in there. I wanted to eat it although I didn't remember having ever bought it in the first place. However when I opened the wrapper it was so old it was completely dried out. The sad thing is that I was still thinking about eating it- only the fear of illness stopped me.

It becomes more clear everyday that it really is an addiction.