Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 11:12
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default It's Gratitude Day

Hi,

Yesterday, Trish (my honey), went out and bought a bathroom scale. We gave ours to her mom about a month ago, so it's been a while since I weighed myself. Well low and behold I hit my 160 lb goal. Just to double check I weighed myself again this morning and it said 157 lb.

Then I got out the calipers to check body fat % and for some reason I looked at the calipers and realized that I've been using them wrong all this time. So what I thought measured 22% bodyfat was really 15% bodyfat!

My new goal is to hit 10% body fat by the end of Challenge 3. That gives me 2/3rds of C2 and all of C3 to hit my new goal. I'm hoping I can see abbs at 10%.

I just wanted to share my happy with you.

With gratitude for Dr. Atkins, Bill Phillips, and most of all, for all the wonderful people here,
Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 11:43
Contributing Member

Oh yeah, another happy thing yesterday.

It's getting cold here, so I pulled out some pants that I have not worn since last winter. When I last wore them I was scared they were going to rip open at the waist. Yesterday I had to wear a belt to hold them up.

I like wearing belts. Especially, when you have to.

Arnie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:13
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:

Hi Arnie:

I just love to hear success stories. Good for you, you're dedication has paid off!

So is your goal to maintain your current weight while losing more fat? Will you be aiming for maintenance levels of carbs now or will you continue eating lower carb to lose more fat?

Have a great weekend!

Wanda
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:15

Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

WoooHoooo!!! GREAT JOB!! Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling, not to mention an inspiration to us all.

So how long have you done Atkins? About how many carbs a day do you eat?

Piano
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:46
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
Hi Arnie:

I just love to hear success stories. Good for you, you're dedication has paid off!

Wanda

Thanks Wanda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
So is your goal to maintain your current weight while losing more fat? Will you be aiming for maintenance levels of carbs now or will you continue eating lower carb to lose more fat?
Wanda

I haven't really thought it through. Because of my lack of experience at maintaining a healthy body, I'm not sure if the weight should go up or down or what. I just want to keep doing what I've been doing, loosing fat and gaining muscle. I know that at some point those two things will stop happening at the same time, but it hasn't stopped yet. So if it continues to happen, it'll be interesting to see if the weight changes much. But one thing is for sure, the bathroom scale is no longer the only thing I use to judge progress.

I've been doing maintenance level carbs and because of the extra muscle and BFL workouts I'm still loosing fat, so I'll continue eating maintenance level carbs.

You have a good weekend too.
Arnie
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 16:00
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano
WoooHoooo!!! GREAT JOB!! Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling, not to mention an inspiration to us all.
Thanks Piano, it is very nice of you to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano
So how long have you done Atkins? About how many carbs a day do you eat?

Piano

I've been doing Atkins since January of this year. I stayed on induction too long. It was Karen (our Karen, from Karen's Corner), at one of her cooking classes, that first made me think that I should get off induction. Doing BFL was the final straw for induction level carbs. Now I usually eat about 40 grams on non cardio days and 60 grams on gym workout days.

But those are rough numbers, I don't actually write it down anymore. I'll just do something like add some yam to my pre-workout meal to bring up my energy levels for the workout. And I usually have a myoplex after the workout and that's about 20 grams. So my upping the carbs is really centred around BFL and workouts.

Ask a simple question, get a long complicated answer. Sorry about that.

Arnie