Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 16:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I am in such a bad mood...

I have been on induction for 2 days and I feel terrible! I am in an awful mood, I am tired, unmotivated, generally no fun to be around. Is this carb. withdrawl? If so, will it go away?

I am not hungry but I feel bloated. I feel no interest in eating any of the foods I can eat. I used to enjoy eating (too much). Now it is boring and I almost rather not eat than eat meat or eggs, etc. It all seems to heavy. I guess that would be good for losing weigh but I want to be in this for the long haul and don't want to miserable forever.

Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Nina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 165/144.3/121 Female 1.54m
BF:
Progress: 47%
Smile Hello Nina

I`m sorry you feel like that too,thats just how i feel today.
But is not every day like that,you will have good days and bad days,you can try to make your food more interesting,you dont have to eat just eggs and meat there is so much you can eat .
I try to make my plate really beautiful,colourful like that i don`t get so bored with the food.
But i`m sure you will be ok soon,when you get use to it you will cope a bit better,it takes time to ajust,i feel the same way.
But if you want to lose weight as much as i do you will stick to it because you will see how much better you will look .
Is worth it,trust me!!!
Take care, be strong!!!
Fatima
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 17:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Nina
It may be that you are tired from carb withdrawl. Are you taking vitamin supplements?
Sandy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 18:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I am taking a multivitimin.

Nina
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 18:56
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Hi Nina,

Yes, it's carb withdrawal and yes, it will go away! By the end of your first week, you'll be feeling your old self again. Actually, you'll feel better!

Drinking lots of water helps. It is recommended that you drink (at least) 64oz plus an extra 8oz for every 25lbs you need to lose.
Yes, I know it's a lot of water! We all squelch a bit here.

All the best tp you, Nina!

Rosebud
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 22:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default Hang in there...

Nina,

I was taking a multivitamin also when I started on induction and I felt just like you! Until someone mentioned to me that I needed to be taking a Calcium-Magnesium supplement and it would go away. I RAN down to Walmart and bought the cheapest one I could find. The next day I was totally fine. To me, it was a miracle.
Before you throw in the towel get those supplements. I rarely take my multivitamin now because I feel like I get some great things from all the meats, cheeses, fruits and veggies I eat now. But that Cal-Mag supplement I take every day!

Good luck!
Carianne