Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:55

Plan: aktins
Stats: 340.5/317/135 Female 5'7
BF:alot
Progress: 11%
Angry low carb mood swings

does anyone else have really bad mood swings in induction
angry ones, i am normally pretty claim and i love my kids and have fun with them but i get these headaches when i try to go throug induction and i stop thinking clearly and i am truly afraid of my self i set of in a rage i put my kids up stairs so i can claim down but i can't be a good parent felling this way will i get passed this is it normal and how long will it last. its almost like a low blood sugar mood swing but worse.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 13:58
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Yes my easy going nature is somewhat compromised! I get ticked easily right now but I know it and am trying to control it - it is less today than it was yesterday. I have told everyone that I am going through a type of withdrawal and my temper is close to the top. This has helped. I too think it is somehow connected to lower suger levels but I have read that it will even out -- with time. Maybe you need to slightly increase your carbs. during the worse part of the day.

You have lost about 4 lbs a day - since starting Oct. 23 - thats alot - maybe just slow it down a little?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 14:10
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Sorry I see I made a mistake - you actually started on the 4 Oct not the 24th!!! Still you have lost a lot - a little less that a 1lb a day since starting! Maybe someone else on the list has more experienced advice!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 23:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%

Sounds like you're going through witdrawal-your body is cleansing itself of the extral sugar. That causes all sorts of problems-temporarily.

Make sure you get enough sleep, even a nap during the day.

Also, because I am an emotional eater, I know when I stop stuffing, I start feeling. There may be some things you will need to deal with later on. Then again, maybe it's just induction. Keep us posted. Tina