Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 04:14

Plan: protein power
Stats: 168.8/157.9/130 Male 5 foot 2 inches
BF:33.1/27/20
Progress: 28%
Lightbulb please educate me someone !!

I have been on Atkins now for 9 days . I lost 3 lbs in the first week and it seems to have stopped . I am always in moderate ketosis according to the stix first thing in the morning . I am drinking between 8 to 10 glasses of water per day .

I am sticking to approx 15 carbs per day .

Plese enlighten me before I start thinking of throwing in the towel

Rob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 05:44

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

It's hard to say since you failed to mention your daily menu, if you are excericing etc.

Why not start up a journal to record all your daily menu's and such so that we can get a look at what you are eating on a daily basis

Could be something as simple as you not eating enough or munching on a low carb bar.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 05:49

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi Rob,
some people are more metabolically resistant than others so it takes longer for them to drop weight, also, some people have more than one hormone out of whack and need a different diet in order to lose faster. ketogenic diets, such as atkins, control mainly insulin, but there are hundreds of other hormones involved. in order to get the maximum benefits from atkins diet specifically, please, increase your water intake to one gallon per day at least, 2 if you exercise. use celtic sea salt in your foods (it has 30%less sodium, so you will lose some of the bloat caused by salty and processed food). include 'good oils' in your diet, but plenty: olive oil, flax oil (straight or in the form of flax seeds and flax meal), fish oil (in capsules and in form of salmon and tuna and sardines). you need at least 9g of fish oil per day or about 3 tbsp of flax oil per day to provide building blocks for your fat-fighting hormones. take care of your gut and liver, visit curezone.com for advice on gastrointestinal health, because if you have a sluggish liver (the largest fat-burning organ in your body) or toxic colon, you won't be losing as much. most importantly, do not despair, but stay curious, explore your body's status quo and capacities. there is a lot to learn, you know. this forum and others are a motherload of information!

remember, eat plenty, plenty of fat, go easy on processed food, and take your supplements.

best wishes,
Mila
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 05:50

Lightbulb hello

Hi there,

thanks for answering . I dont eat low carb bars etc. My explanation is that I am not doing any exercise and I kep on threatening to go to the gym which I WILLLL do today

I'll fill you in on the next installment

Rob
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 05:58

Lightbulb not going well

Quote:
Originally posted by Mila
Hi Rob,
some people are more metabolically resistant than others so it takes longer for them to drop weight, also, some people have more than one hormone out of whack and need a different diet in order to lose faster. ketogenic diets, such as atkins, control mainly insulin, but there are hundreds of other hormones involved. in order to get the maximum benefits from atkins diet specifically, please, increase your water intake to one gallon per day at least, 2 if you exercise. use celtic sea salt in your foods (it has 30%less sodium, so you will lose some of the bloat caused by salty and processed food). include 'good oils' in your diet, but plenty: olive oil, flax oil (straight or in the form of flax seeds and flax meal), fish oil (in capsules and in form of salmon and tuna and sardines). you need at least 9g of fish oil per day or about 3 tbsp of flax oil per day to provide building blocks for your fat-fighting hormones. take care of your gut and liver, visit curezone.com for advice on gastrointestinal health, because if you have a sluggish liver (the largest fat-burning organ in your body) or toxic colon, you won't be losing as much. most importantly, do not despair, but stay curious, explore your body's status quo and capacities. there is a lot to learn, you know. this forum and others are a motherload of information!

remember, eat plenty, plenty of fat, go easy on processed food, and take your supplements.

best wishes,
Mila

thanks Mila.

I think its the lack of exercise , and I willlll be gonig to the gym this evening . Watch this space for any developments.

Rob
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 05:59

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

If the difference between your current weight and ideal size is not great the rate of loss will be slow.

Firstly, is 130 pounds too low for your general size. Might it be better to aim for strength and fitness. Muscle is heavier than fat and such a reshaping will show some inch loss and muscle gain but the scales don't move too much.

Second it is rare to lose more than 10% of the total desired weight loss during induction. The reports of massive pounds lost by people in the first two weeks usually means they have a lot to lose.

Rapid weight loss through starvation will only be temporary. Low carb eating is a permanent change of eating habit. The intention is to keep it off for good.