Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/247/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

I too was very obese as a child and went on a diet as a teenager. I too was scared that people woudl treat me different and expect more from me. While I was losing weight, I was worried that I would not be myself anymore and I was afraid. Being thin seemed so alien to me. Nonetheless, I lost 90 lbs anyway and got down to a very slim weight.

Then one day I went over to my grandparent's house (they hadn't seen me in 6 months, since I started my diet). I walked in their house and my grandma looked at me startled and said "Who do you think you are, young lady, walking into my house like you own the place???" I was shocked that she'd be upset about that and told her I was sorry. Then, suddenly, after hearing my voice, she realized who I was --- and I realized she thought I was a stranger and hadn't recognized me!!!

When she did realize it was me, she hugged me so tightly and told me I looked soooooo beautiful. I was never more happy about my weight loss in my whole life. I felt like I was suddenly the ME I was always meant to be. I loved the way people treated me after that, I always felt special.

Either way, I gained the weight back years later, but thats another story altogether

Last edited by Mia-Chloe : Fri, Oct-01-04 at 18:57. Reason: grammar error
Sponsored Links