Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%
Default Where are you all finding these???

Hi--
I was just reading a couple of threads and I was wondering if anyone in the NYC area has been able to find the Skippy LC Peanut Butter or LC Tortillas? Thanks...I would love some Peanut Butter!!!
Jenn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carbing
Stats: 323/318/200 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 4%

I am not from ny but at our walmart there is some low carb peanut butter where some of the atkins stuff is..maybe you can check there...good luck
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 14:01
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

Hey Jenn,

I order the tortillas online. Either Netrition.com or alacarb.com. I think Stop and Shop carries the Skippy PB.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 14:11

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I was in Winn Dixie the other day and found a display of "Carb Options" products. They had a light blue label and were brand name varieties. There was a 0 carb "Wishbone" Italian dressing (with Splenda in it), some 2 carb "Ragu" Double Cheddar cheese sauce for veggies, "Skippy" peanut butter, and some other products. Their main brand name was the Carb Options with the blue label (very similar to the coloring on the Bryers LC ice cream) but had smaller brand name labels on the bottom of the main label. The other Carb Options products include marinades and bbq sauce. Could be more but I can't remember them. The manufacturer is Unilever Bestfoods (Englewood Cliffs NJ).

There was also "0" trans fats listed on their nutritional labels. I purchased the cheese sauce and italian dressing but have not yet tasted them.

Joan

Last edited by tagcaver : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 17:49.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 14:24
Registered Member

Plan: self low carbing
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Don't know
Progress: 0%

walmart here as well. in TN
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:00
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I dont eat the skippy LC because of the hydrogenated oils but my local supermarket carries the smuckers all natural (the creamy is less greasy than the chunky)

The LC tortillas I get from a place on Tuckahoe road in yonkers called Sugar Free Express.

They have all types of LC specialty foods. I dont go there often since it is difficult for me to get there, but when I go there I stock up.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:02
Gettin' Close

Plan: LC
Stats: 274/220.6/210 Male 6'2"
BF:33/23/15
Progress: 83%

HI Jenn:

I live in Queens, and I've tried several local supermarkets, but have not found any LC labelled products. But I have found that on pork rind packaging, it says "NO CARBOHYDRATES."

-Mike
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:04

Stats: 182/170/143 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi jennabrams,
I've seen the low carb tortillas at Kroger's, in the bread section strangely enough.
I would suggest not getting the new Skippy LC peanut butter. If you read the carb counts, it's the same as most regular peanut butters! The only difference I've seen is that it's labeled LC. Plus, like MyJourney said, it has hydrogenated oils, which is baaaad. AND on top of all this it costs more because it says LC on it. The Smuckers natural PB is great and lowest carb from what I've seen.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:37

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%
Default Thank you

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the tips...it is pretty tough finding all these new products in the city. I appreciate the info on the peanut butter though...I try to stay away from the hydrogenated oils also. I will try not to go crazy looking for it anymore
Have a great day!!!
Jenn