Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Where are you all finding these??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167792)

jennabrams Wed, Feb-18-04 13:56

Where are you all finding these???

Hi--
I was just reading a couple of threads and I was wondering if anyone in the NYC area has been able to find the Skippy LC Peanut Butter or LC Tortillas? Thanks...I would love some Peanut Butter!!!
Jenn :wiggle:

smilinka Wed, Feb-18-04 13:58

I am not from ny but at our walmart there is some low carb peanut butter where some of the atkins stuff is..maybe you can check there...good luck

Dewi Wed, Feb-18-04 14:01

Hey Jenn,

I order the tortillas online. Either Netrition.com or alacarb.com. I think Stop and Shop carries the Skippy PB.

tagcaver Wed, Feb-18-04 14:11

I was in Winn Dixie the other day and found a display of "Carb Options" products. They had a light blue label and were brand name varieties. There was a 0 carb "Wishbone" Italian dressing (with Splenda in it), some 2 carb "Ragu" Double Cheddar cheese sauce for veggies, "Skippy" peanut butter, and some other products. Their main brand name was the Carb Options with the blue label (very similar to the coloring on the Bryers LC ice cream) but had smaller brand name labels on the bottom of the main label. The other Carb Options products include marinades and bbq sauce. Could be more but I can't remember them. The manufacturer is Unilever Bestfoods (Englewood Cliffs NJ).

There was also "0" trans fats listed on their nutritional labels. I purchased the cheese sauce and italian dressing but have not yet tasted them.

Joan

Draven9981 Wed, Feb-18-04 14:24

walmart here as well. in TN

MyJourney Wed, Feb-18-04 15:00

I dont eat the skippy LC because of the hydrogenated oils but my local supermarket carries the smuckers all natural (the creamy is less greasy than the chunky)

The LC tortillas I get from a place on Tuckahoe road in yonkers called Sugar Free Express.

They have all types of LC specialty foods. I dont go there often since it is difficult for me to get there, but when I go there I stock up.

bonesigh Wed, Feb-18-04 15:02

HI Jenn:

I live in Queens, and I've tried several local supermarkets, but have not found any LC labelled products. But I have found that on pork rind packaging, it says "NO CARBOHYDRATES."

-Mike

livingintn Wed, Feb-18-04 15:04

Hi jennabrams,
I've seen the low carb tortillas at Kroger's, in the bread section strangely enough.
I would suggest not getting the new Skippy LC peanut butter. If you read the carb counts, it's the same as most regular peanut butters! The only difference I've seen is that it's labeled LC. Plus, like MyJourney said, it has hydrogenated oils, which is baaaad. AND on top of all this it costs more because it says LC on it. The Smuckers natural PB is great and lowest carb from what I've seen.

jennabrams Wed, Feb-18-04 15:37

Thank you

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the tips...it is pretty tough finding all these new products in the city. I appreciate the info on the peanut butter though...I try to stay away from the hydrogenated oils also. I will try not to go crazy looking for it anymore
Have a great day!!!
Jenn