Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 19:00
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default ECA Stacker

http://www.deepdiscountnutrition.com/ecastack.html

The claim:

Quote:
The ECA Stack, so effective in burning excess body fat without diet or exercise, it's become the most imitated fat loss product on the face of the Earth. But here's the dirty little secret: there is only one, real ECA Stack. Protected by U.S. Patent, and clinically proven to eliminate excess body fat. The Patented ECA Stack™ is guaranteed to get rid of figure-destroying fat without diet or exercise or it costs you absolutely nothing! However, regular exercise and a healthy diet is always a good thing.

ECA Stack means Ephedra, Caffeine, and Aspirin, NOT Ephedra, Caffeine, and Willow Bark. If someone tries to sell you an E/C/A stack that contains Willow Bark instead of Aspirin, just say "no thanks" and leave!

Has anyone had experience with this product. No I don't belive you can magicaly lose with no diet or exercise. I am looking for a stacker though as Hydroxycut is now ephedera free and I'm basicaly bouncing between brands that are remaining stock, though being phased out. Right now I was using EAS Beta Trim. (I'm doing the two week break and will resume when I begin lifting). This one is expencive, but if it's effective I'll go for it. $45 for 120 caps
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 20:39

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

White willow bark works just fine Companies pushing their product and only their product get really old after a while, don't they?

Apparently you can no longer buy, or will soon not be able to buy, a real ECA stack in the US - they aren't making them anymore because of pressure from the general public. Eventually you'll have to make your own - a lot cheaper anyway. Here's the recipe.

BTW, if you're doing LC you might want to not use Hydroxycut (in any form), the HCA interfers with ketosis.

-Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 07:53
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%

Thanks for the link to that website it answered some questions that I had. I just bought some "E" and "C" yesterday (need to pick up the "A" today). Taking it three times a day seems like a lot. I guess I'll see how it feels. It's definitely a lot less expensive to purchase them separately than to buy a prepared mixture. I think that you are paying more money in the prepared capsules for a bunch of extra ineffective ingredients. And like Nat said it's getting hard to find it anyways.

So I'm just starting to try it today. I plan on taking 20mg "E", 200 mg "C", and I'll se how many mgs there are in a baby asprin, but probably about 200 to 300 mg. I'll take this three times a day 1/2 to 1 hour before meals. Does this sound like a normal amount to take?

I don't have a lot of weight to left loose, maybe about 10 lbs of fat, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. It seems also that when I get to this point, if I lower calories, I tend to loose more muscle than fat, so maybe this will help.

Thanks,
Arnie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 08:17

BF:

Arnie, I'd use a half dose at first, any maybe not 3x a day, if this is your first go around. E usually comes in 8mg if I remember correctly, and since the dose is 20mg, you're always just going to be under the amount (this is why it's still legal to buy it - the 8mg dose that is) required.

I believe baby asprins are 81mg, so two should do the job.

To this day when I take one of my remaning ECA's I still only take half - I get more than enough of a kick from them that this suffices.

-N
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 08:54
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Arnie, I'd use a half dose at first, any maybe not 3x a day, if this is your first go around. E usually comes in 8mg if I remember correctly, and since the dose is 20mg, you're always just going to be under the amount (this is why it's still legal to buy it - the 8mg dose that is) required.

I believe baby asprins are 81mg, so two should do the job.

To this day when I take one of my remaning ECA's I still only take half - I get more than enough of a kick from them that this suffices.

-N

Yup, you are right again, Nat!

I took the full dose about half an hour before going out for my HIIT run this morning and what can I say but; Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines.... VRRROOOOM! I want to go again...

I'm definitely one of those people who should start with a half or quarter dose. Yes, the E did come in 8mg tabs, so I think that will be plenty to start with. I'll keep the C and A in correct proportion to what amount of E I take. I took 2.5 tabs of E this morning to get the full 20 mg. But obviously that's way to much for me to start with. I think I'll start with just once, maybe twice a day on workout days. Being a recovered drug addict, this feeling is just way to buzzed for my comfort zone.

Anyone want to go for a run around the city...

Arnie

Last edited by Arnie_g : Sat, Aug-30-03 at 08:55.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 16:41

BF:

Arnie, yes, definitely half the dose please, 2.5 is just way too much for someone using the stack for the first time and someone 165 lbs. That buzz does wear off btw, after a while you barely notice it - but the effects are still being felt on the inside.

-Nat
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:28
Contributing Member

Okay, so now I'm trying 8 mg E, 100 mg C, and 80mg of A. That seems okay. I'm not bouncing off the walls with this.

I think that first day was probably the caffeine that had such an effect. I quit drinking caffeine (coffee, tea, cola's, etc,) about 10 years ago, so that must have been a big shock to the system. I looked it up on a web page and 200 mg of caffeine is about the equivalent of 12 oz. of coffee all at once.

Arnie
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 12:46

BF:

Yep, that'll do it, Arnie! Glad you're feeling better with the lower dose!

-N
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:19
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

When I was last doing a low fat diet and loosing weight I used Hydroxycut. Of course thier ephedera free now. I know Walmart is stocking nothing at all with ephedera which is annoying. That's one of the resons I was looking to buy online. I would really like to get a reliable product that is effective.

I may end up trying to make my own. It just seems all I do anymore is take pills though. I swear I'm going to find a way to grind them down into a single pill. I think I have a good plan of eating and suppliments planned though, I was going to look on here to see what else I should pick up before starting.

Morning-Yeast fighters
1 hr pre workout-ECA
Post workout-Glusamene and creatine
Post meal 2 - morning suppliments

Then just take my lunch and dinner suppliments as I would normally and end the day with some accibifilus (those tummy bacterias) taken with 1/2 cup Kilfer (only 4 carbs yeahh)
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:21

BF:

I would add glutamine, post workout and before bed, to the tune of 10g a day, minimum. You'll want the powder form, not the pill (pills are 500mg, at 10g a day that's 20 pills - a little counter productive with a goal of decreasing your consumption!)

-N
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:22
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

bleep!!! I bought gluclosamine instead of glutamine. Ok Now to go get Glutamine an dput that with the creatine.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:24

BF:

Oppps. If you've got joint pain, or know someone who does the glucosamine is supposed to be very helpul
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:40

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

My doggie takes glucosamine every day

I took creatine for the first time last night and this morning, mixed into my yogurt. Felt kind of sick to my stomach afterwards. Is that a typical side effect? Will I get used to it being in my system? Maybe I was just reacting to the nauseous flavoring (fruit punch, ugh).
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:42

BF:

If that's the betagen, did it have any carbs in it in the form of dextrose, Sarah? Creatine usually comes with a sugar spike in those prepared supplements - it could be that which upset your tummy.

Are you drinking enough water? The creatine forces water into your muscles, at the expense of it being needed elsewhere, that might also be the culprit.

Failing all those, could the yoghurt have been 'off'?

-N
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:54
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I managed to find Glutamine. I couldn't find any powder, but the only pills I could find were 500 mg.

SarahO - I have EAS Simply Creatine. It's not suposed to have anything but creatine in it. I was taking it before. I first was having it in hot tea, then I noticed it said water or juice, so I thought maybe it ment no hot beverages. I started mixing it in just water. It upset my stomach somewhat so I ende dup stopping taking it. I'm hoping mixing it in my after workout shake will minimize the ick feeling, plus the fact I'm working out may help. The creatine will have something to do besides sit in my tummy