Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/217.5/150
BF:
Progress: 27%

I've also tried the Country Hearth "Lite" bread with only 5 net grams of carbs per slice. It's very good! I also enjoy the Pepperidge Farms "Lite" breads with the same carb count, plus they have several varieties - Italian (white), Wheat, 7 grain, etc. Would never know it wasn't the real thing!! Plus, it's found at the local grocery store.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:10

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%

I buy a bread at our local GNC that is made in Ohio (Irene's Bakery). It's not called "low-carb" bread, but Gluten free. It has 4 carbs per slice and it's DELICIOUS. Although, I must admit I've only toasted it---I seem to miss toast more than I do just bread.

It's semi-expensive, BUT...with the gold card discount that runs at the beginning of each month, I get 20% off, which cost me $5.58 for TWO-one pound loaves.

It comes in a variety of flavors (some are a lot higher in carbs), but the white and the rye I know for sure are 4 carbs a slice. There was also cinnamon raisin! (I think it had 11 per slice).

I am sitting on top of the world FINALLY. I started this WOE at the end of June and have only lost 7 pounds......BUT, I did my measurements over the weekend and have lost 10 1/2 Inches!!

My last mini goal was to get to 178, which I finally have done. Next it's on to 175!

"T"
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:21

Stats: 162/141.2/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:Not A Clue!!
Progress: 44%

[QUOTE=Hayseed]Just returned from Wal-Mart ... saw (and purchased) some low-carb bread made by Natures Own !!! It's called Wheat 'n Fiber ... total carbs per slice = 7 !!! Less the 2 grams of dietary fiber = 5 grams !! Also contains 2 grams soy protein per slice. Only $2.14 for a pound loaf !!
QUOTE]

You're right! This is great bread! I tried making the Atkins and it just seems too chewy or something! This just tastes like wheat bread! I love it, but I limit myself to a couple slices a week! It makes great cinnamon toast in the morning!

Here's the link: http://www.lowcarbnexus.com/Item_NOB1.htm
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:51
Registered Member

Stats: 171/155/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 39%

I like the Food for Life low carb bread, but it's verrrrrrrry expensive here. You can get it at the Whole Foods on Avenue road in Toronto for $6.79 a loaf. Shocking! But I just couldn't have one more egg for breakfast.

I'm going to have to open a TJ's in Canada.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:02

Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

For those Canadians that are aware of "Betty's Bread"...(maybe only in Ontario?)....the company makes a version called "light bread"...not advertised as low carb, but I have checked out the label...and there are only 4 carbs per slice!

I plan on trying this when I get to eat grains and breads!

Froufie

P.S. It's also not very pricey and is comparable to other breads for sale as you can find it in regular grocery stores.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:12
Registered Member

Stats: 171/155/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 39%

Which grocery store do you get "Betty's Bread" from? I haven't seen it, but I try not to hang around the bakery area too long, lest I do something indecent to a sourdough loaf. If I could narrow it down to a chain, I could run in, do recon, and run out.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 09:13
Registered Member

Stats: 345/310/240 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress: 33%

Tim's Bread at your local heath food stores...

usually 3.00 usd per loaf!

i think it is 3 net carbs per slice

I will check it out this week!
and let you guys know!