Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default School lunch ideas

Hello everyone,

Everyone is always so helpful and encouraging, so I thought maybe someone could help. I need school lunch ideas for my children. My daughter is going to be a freshman and my son is going into 2nd grade. He also needs snacks. My daughter doesn't want to bring anything that may look embarrasing and my son is so fussy . No vegtables, plain food. We are LCing as a family and don't want to use bread, even the lc kind, if we don't have to. Last year they had school lunch everyday before I realized what carbs do to you.

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated. Blessings, Maureen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:33

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

last year my then 15yr old granddaughter would take a salad in a container,with mayo also in a container everyday. it would vary from day to day between leftover chicken legs, wings, or chopped chicken to throw on the salad, cold hamburgers, cheddar cheese, hard boiled eggs, pepperoni, cheese&pepperoni sticks, celery pieces with SF peanut butter or cream cheese in a container and spread on the celery at lunch, usually a couple of bottles of water, sometimes a low carb protein shake (chocolate fudge is her favourite) SF jello in little cups. really anything that can be packed in a container with a plastic fork and spoon a good thermal lunch bag and an ice-pak. my granddaughter found many of her friends thought her lunches looked great. it takes a little planning but after a couple of weeks she was packing her own lunch with no problems.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/155 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

How about ideas for things that dont need refrigerated? (Or, will atleast still be safe to eat after 5hrs without refrigeration)? As a college student who has classes all day, I have to bring my lunch with me (keep it in my backpack). I don't have a refrigerator to keep it in once I get to campus and I don't have enough room in a backback for even a small cooler.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 16:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty-c
How about ideas for things that dont need refrigerated? (Or, will atleast still be safe to eat after 5hrs without refrigeration)? As a college student who has classes all day, I have to bring my lunch with me (keep it in my backpack). I don't have a refrigerator to keep it in once I get to campus and I don't have enough room in a backback for even a small cooler.

Any cooked meat will be fine for 5 hours, hard boiled eggs, cheese, lettuce in an air-tight container, salad dressing in an air-tight container. Actually, there's few things that won't survive 5 hours without refrigeration.