Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/130 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default binged

hey everyone...well today is my fourth day on induction..i was doin o so well..but see today i went a little over board..i mean my binge was all lc stuff..but wow was i hungry and on a rampage...like i started the day with eggs and bacon, then lunch was a advantage shake, snack was some cheese, dinner was another ommellette with bacon...than after that..i ate lc bars and peanut butter!! my total was 30 grams of carbs and like 2000 calories...omg will that mess me up bad and make me gain weight? im so dissappointed with myself...please help me out
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:35

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

10 grams over isn't going to mess you up much. I mean, at least you only binged with LC stuff! I'm proud of you there! I understand how you feel though. My first week I was SO hungry all of the time. It'll pass, I promise. Just keep up the great work.

I'd also like to add that on my second or third day I got up to 28 carbs in one day and still lost the next day.

Just don't do it again for awhile. Or if you're really hungry, find something with no carbs to munch on. Or at least close to no carbs. I get spicy pork rinds and they work quite well.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:48
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Make sure to stick to the acceptable foods list as well. LC bars, advantage bars, and peanut butter aren't on them and can increase cravings. Many find they don't lose well using products like that.

It could be your body going into a panic over the carb withdrawl. Hang it out It is also common for alot of people to get extreamly hungry right before a loss of weight. Kind of like the body wants reassurance you aren't going to start starving.

Try to stick to the lists of induction acceptable foods, but go ahead and eat when hungry. Learn LC alternatives and recipes you can have on hand for when hunger hits so you can make good food choices easily.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:51

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Physically, you should be ok.

However, bingeing is usually indicative of something going on with your emotions. I'd journal on your day and see if you can spot a trigger. {{{{}}}}

Take care, hon.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:51

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

See what your tolerances are to LC products though later on. I, personally, ate LC chocolate during my first two weeks because I get really bad chocolate cravings, but it didn't appear to affect my weight loss, especially granted I had very little of it a day... Still... I would definitely stay away from LC Atkins products, especially during induction. They are known to stall people. I don't really trust Atkins products anyway.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 20:40
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

The amount of food you described hardly seems like a binge to ME (unless you had 12-egg omlettes and pounds of bacon...) Of course that depends on how many low-carb bars you had, and whether we're talking teaspoons of peanut butter or JARS.

Personally, I'd leave the bars alone, and forget the peanut butter (which isn't allowed on induction anyway) and go for more meat and veggies. Where ARE your veggies, BTW? (Mother nag... )

You may want to re-read the induction chapter to get more ideas for acceptable foods.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 21:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/130 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default thanx

wow thanx for all ur wonderful replies...they were terrific..well im gonna so stay away from the bars because i realized after i ate the first one, it triggered a binge...so no more bars....and ive accepted the binge and am ready to move on i love these forums..you all are so helpful..good night everyone
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 02:06

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

I'd drop the shakes, too. They're not part of induction. Like Potatoe Free said, where are your veggies? You NEED your veggies or you're going to be constipated like no tomorrow.

Please re-read your induction chapter of DANDR to review what is and is not acceptable during induction. If you do your induction "clean" - that means by the induction chapter of the book - then you should get past your cravings. Remember also that this is a high fat way of eating, not high protein so when you add your veggies, add some nice butter or olive oil or mayonnaise along with them. It's the fat content that keeps you feeling full.

shortstuff
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 07:54
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

What really helped me when I had extream hunger in induction was to take a broccoli cauliflower mix and melt some colby jack cheese on top. The mix of fiber and protien/fat form the cheese seemed to work.You might haev to find your own special little thing that helps you get over it. You might also keep track of your nutrients using www.fitday.com and see if maybe there is something lacking your body could be demanding. Then you can have a food rich in it, or start supplimenting.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 08:00

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

I have noticed that if I am not careful to make sure I get enough fat during the day I want to snack at night. Keep the fat up...it really helps with the hunger.