Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 15:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%
Angry Passover woes.......

Well...................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ok, so last night I was at a seder.........My family, getting lazy and old, decided we would go to the country club for our seder, who was holding one with a rabbi.......In advance I had to pick a main dish........So i did, brisket.......However I knew with no control what so ever from this pre ordered and pre picked menu, It was going to be hard.....So first course comes...Matzah Ball Soup, my favorite! I take out the matzah ball, and have a few spoonfulls, and already I felt my self slipping. Unfortunalty, it was a pretty big event, and the servers were refilling water fast, but I kept drinking as much as I could. THen came the gefilte fish (ick didnt touch), then the brisket...already feeling bad from the soup, on my plate was some very thinly sliced brisket, and im talking thin, with a little bit of brown gravy, not much, and onions and celery sauteed with it.........Also there was carrotts with honey, as the veggie. So I ate most of the brisket, and althought it was somewhat of a mystery I figured it couldnt be too bad. Then, they cleared the plates and it was time for dessert. Usually there I can order Sugar free jello, but today No =/ they plopped thus huge piece of cake in front of my face. At first I looked at it, and pushed it away, but then i decide to take a little crumb and taste it..... well the crumb turned in to almost the whole thing =( And for passover cake, it was damn good........All I kept thinking was OMFG I cant believe I just did that, I had been so good =( No cheatin at all.....Then on the way home my mom wanted me to take her to the store, and I bought some macaroons for my boyfriend cause he asked for them. I was like well it is 10 carbs per 2, so I guess since I already had the cake, I might as well, have one and just get over it until tomw......Well, when i got home and opened the container, the metal ring that you are supoosed to open was off, and inside the contianer like it was tampered with.........SO I knew not to eat it...I was like omg, god must be saving me from myself!!!!! I thought that was soooo weird...........Anyway I got on the scale this morning and it read like 2lbs less that yesterday..Its fuunny in different spots in my bathroom it reads different readings, and its all hard floor.......But anyway, I hope I didn't do too much damage, and I am going for the second seder in a few mins........I hope I can control myself today =(

Well I just figured I would share and say how horrible passover seders are!!!1 hehe...........I hope this is the last time I have to admit my guilt of cheating........I am driving to NY next week, and being away will be quite a challenge =( Wish me luck!

Happy Passover, and Easter of course!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 18:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Wink holidays are hard...

we all have all these expectations, food-bound memories, family stresses (even in the most closely knit families!) and traditions. I think you did great overall. Now that you have survived one, I am certain you will also be successful with the other.

BTW what did your BF say regarding the macaroons? Hmmm, there might be a way to make LC macarroons - mostly egg whites right?

jan
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 18:35
Urban Jungle Denizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Awwww, Toeie

Don't beat yourself up about it! Holidays are notoriously bad, and one slip up will not do anything to you - just get back up on the horse, so to speak.

Remember, it's a WOL, and no one lives their life perfectly

Good luck in NY!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:26

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Happy Passover

I really enjoyed your " If You Give A Mouse a Cookie " story. I also enjoyed reading about your religious traditions. I have had days like that and they really did not do too much to spoil my diet. I broke down and purchased a bag of gluten. I might make some chocolate chip cookies with it. I am trying to perfect a low carb cookie.

Black57