Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 16:11

Plan: Atkins, switching to SugarBusters
Stats: 154/140/130
BF:25%
Progress: 58%
Default New to SugarBusters...help me out please!

Hey everyone! I have been doing Atkins for a little over four months. I lost 21 pounds on it totally, but in the past couple of weeks have been cheating and have gained 4 back. It is really depressing, but I know I can get it back off so no big worries here! I think the main reason I keep cheating is because I miss having cereal for breakfast, I don't like eating all that fat (it just doesn't make me feel good), I need some bread even if it is whole wheat, I need fruit, and I just feel terrible on Atkins. I can't loose anymore. I'm 140 now and was 133, and that is the lowest I can get. I would love to get to 125 but I would just be tickled pink with 130 for a while. So I am taking the brave step and I'm switching to SugarBusters! So help me out...I don't have the book nor am I familiar with the diet really. What book should I get? I am going to go look for one tonight as well as go grocery shopping. My big question is since I have been on Atkins for four months when I make this switch and I'm no longer counting carbs and I'm getting way over 20 a day will I see a gain initially or not? I have read that some gain a few in the first couple of days, but it's just water and it comes off soon. I don't want to gain the rest of my weight back, I will just die if I do! So any previous Atkins people out there can you tell me your experience on the switch. I need a sample menu. I'm going to post what I think is ok for tomorrow so tell me if it isnt...Oh yeah, is Smart Start Cereal w. skim milk ok?? I love that cereal..

Breakfast- a bowl of some type of allowed cereal (need suggestions of something actually good) with skim milk
Snack about 3 hours later- apple
Lunch- ok I don't know if this is ok so tell me...A sandwhich made with 100% whole wheat bread, turkey slices, lettuce, and low fat mayo(does it need to be low fat) and some wheat thins
Snack about 3 hours later- apple or some other type of fruit (suggestions please)
Dinner- 1 peice of grilled chicken, 1 cup of boiled cabbage, 1 cup of green beans

and tons of water!

Oh by the way, can I have diet cokes, like diet rite?? Is coffee okay? if it is can I use the davinci SF syrups, spenda, and half and half (does it need to be fat free)

What about alcohol? I have a party to attend Saturday night and plan on drinking. Is it ok if it is like rum or vodka mixed with a diet coke?

Sorry this was so long!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 06:58

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%

Hi Ashley,

I noticed no one is answering you and I think that's because we don't know the answer. I would suggest you go over to the forum on Suger Busters (Under other plans) and ask them. There are probably people there who have done what you're doing.

Hope you find the answers to your questions,

Jones