Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 23:38
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, south beach
Stats: 000/000/175 Female 5 foot 10inches
BF:too freaken much
Progress: 0%
Default just had a baby and iam addicted to carbs

in 2001 i went on my first low carb diet. i lost 35 pounds in 7 months and went form a size 22 to a size 14 , iam a tall big boned femal so a size 14 looked real good on me. i found that once i stuck to the low carb diet it became easier and easier after a few weeks and it helped my diabetes get much better. i just had a baby 6 weeks ago(febuary 2003) and now i have to lose 20 pounds and i am finding it to be so hard. i just want to eat all the time. i breastfeed so maybe that could be why?
before low carb worked like a miracle for me but iam finding it harder this time, my hormones are totally screwed up. before low carb eating dropped my colesterol, weight, and blood sugar and helped me to feel young and healthy again. now i feel like a blubbler butt jelly belly. i need help in getting back into this low carb thing because i am once again addicted to carbs very much so!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 06:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

BJ,

Welcome to the forum! I am so glad that you already know the benefits of low carbing.

I notice you are doing CAD (carbohydrate's addict diet) which from what I have read (have the book, never finished all of it) it seems like a great diet. The diet is an awesome diet but maybe it may not be the best one for you now. Breastfeeding takes so much out of you. You may want to pick a plan that allows you to eat throughout the day.

However, with that said, only you know what is the best plan for you. You will find lots of supporters on here no matter what low carb plan you are on. I wish you the best and congratulations on your baby!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 08:06
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I used a CAD type plan while breastfeeding many, many years ago. I had no trouble with it. Childbirth, according to the Hellers, can intensify carbohydrate cravings and turn someone who never craved carbs into a carb addict and increase the addiction level of a present carb addict. This might have happened to you.

I know it's going to be tougher now but remember if you can get through three full days, you will once again have control. Do have the 2 CMs and CS and your RM. Try to find the optimum spacing to control your appetite and make you feel good. Eat enough when you do eat. Don't worry about the weight right now. Try to get your addiction back under control. Once you are back in control, the weight will come off in it's own time. You still have hormones from childbirth that encourage your body to hold on to the weight too. First you need to get your body on an even kneel and in balance. Continue your pregnancy vitamins. Give yourself time.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 23:29
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, south beach
Stats: 000/000/175 Female 5 foot 10inches
BF:too freaken much
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up thankyou

thankyou for the replies. it did help, i really mean it. i need to read the CAD book again because i have forgot alot. i did not know having a baby made the carb addiction worse. thankyou for the great support. i keep trying to preach about low carb diets to all my friends and family. it really does work very well. it is a new way of eating for the rest of my life. but at least i can still have chocolate from time to time lol. both your replies was helpful. thankyou so much.
bj