Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 07:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/260/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Angry I broke down for an apple!!

Well it happened this morning!! I woke up extremely late and didn't even have time to grab my usual flax seed out of the fridge for breakfast! I sat at work tummy growling trying to think of something I could do for breakfast. I roamed down to the kitchen and see a snack machine full of wonderful High carb goodness but I resisted and instead spotted a box off resh fruit however only apples so I broke down and took one. It was so yummy and sweet and now I sit thinking how many carbs and how much sugar!! Yikes! WIll this knock me out of Ketosis?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 07:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

It may knock you out, it may not. Apples are relatively low in carbs - they are also low G.I. and contain fiber. You could have chosen worse. You also ate it in the morning; you're more sensitive to carbs first thing in the morning, meaning you'll produce less insulin (a good thing).

Be prepared for cravings or hunger pains later on though and make sure you have good food choices around then.

You might try keeping some of the low carb bars or some nuts / seeds around the office for such emergencies - they aren't the best choice and if you're on Induction, even less so, but they'd be better than an apple

Nat