Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 20:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/156/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Breakfast Ideas?

As much as I enjoy eggs, may they be scrambled poached fried or a omellet I think I need a change in my morning menu. Has any one have any suggestions on a breakfast other than eggs. The am seems to be the only time my hunger is not satisfied. I'm hanging around 30 carbs a day and low carb bread takes to many to warrant having any.

Your ideas would be tastfully enjoyed.

Loribell
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 21:18
Registered Member

Stats: 142/129/120
BF:
Progress: 59%

Try some of the Flax-o-meal hot cereals. I didn't like the first bowl made with equal parts cereal and water, but when I doubled the water amount, added scoop of butter and Splenda, it was wonderful. I even eat it for dinner. The cinnamon is only 1 carb, but my favorite is the vanilla almond at 2 carbs. You can find these at health food stores or order online at Netrition.

If you like bread, the Atkins muffin mixes aren't too bad. Only 3 carbs. The box makes 18 and I freeze them in packs of 4.

Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 23:50
Registered Member

Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

I eat all kinds of things for breakfast -- 2 oz. of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of strawberries, or 2 slices swiss cheese with 2 slices smoked turkey breast (or ham) and mustard, egg salad, tuna salad, 2 Wasa crackers with peanut butter, pepperoni and cheese slices, a lowcarb shake, . . . . . use your imagination, there are plenty of foods that are "breakfast friendly". It just takes some practice to think outside the "eggs/cereal/toast" breakfast mindset.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 00:13

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I too get a bit tired of eggs, thought I never would
What I like to have at least 2 mornings a week is, A pure turkey patty I get from a small butcher shop, nothing but white/dark meat, in it. I pan fry it, sprinkle a bit of Cajun spice, fry up mushrooms, onions, red peppers, pile them all on the patty, then top with a blob of sour cream. It's very satisfying.

Cheers Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 07:12
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally posted by iBelieve
It just takes some practice to think outside the "eggs/cereal/toast" breakfast mindset.

So true, before I was on this plan I rarely ate breakfast but if I ever did it was usually Italian food (lasagna) or Chili. I found "breakfast food" sort of wimpy. So if you make lo-carb versions of your favorites for dinner there is no reason not have some for breaksfast.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 08:27

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Strange things I have eaten for breakfast...

Tuna salad, Chicken salad, Sausage soup with spinach, leftover pork chops with mushrooms and onions (or any other leftovers from the night before), Texas chili.
Oh, yeah...I have bacon and eggs once in a while too, but only maybe once a week as well as Keto hot cereal or my own homemade version of Flax-O-Meal.
Get creative and think outside the box when it comes to breakfast. There's no law that says breakfast has to be bacon and eggs or cereal, toast and bagels.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 08:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Default cheese burger

I like to have a cheese burger for breakfast. i will make a tray of hamburgrs in the oven sometime in the week then stick them in zip lock bags in the fridge. Then i pull one out in the morning sometimes a microwave it with a piece of american cheese on top then top it with ranch. Yummy breakfast of champions.

oh sometimes i will have a turkey burger. I'm weird though. Sometimes i have eggs for dinner. oh i do have a big slice of cheese and some bacon too.

Jon
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 19:22

Plan: AtkinsMOD
Stats: 280/230/130
BF:
Progress: 33%

I like to make up the mock pizza dish and have that. I have also found plain flax is better than most of the premade cereals, or you can make your own for a lot less. The ingrediants are all about the same.

Here is a couple of recipes that I have found to be really good..hope it is ok to post them here!

HOT

2 Tbl flax seeds, measure then grind
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of Nu-Salt
1/2 tsp Stevia (you can use a teaspoon or two of Splenda instead)
5 walnut halves, or other nuts chopped
5-6 Tbl hot water
Just mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the hot water & mix like crazy.

COLD

Piekinns' Flax Seed Granola
from Piekinns (!)

1 lb ground flax seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup thin sliced almonds
1 Tbl pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup splenda
1 Tbl vanilla
6 egg whites
1/2 cup water

Mix dry stuff and wet stuff in separate bowls, then mix together.
Spread it in a jelly roll pan and bake untill compleatly dry at 250* for about 3 hrs.
Every hour while baking, take a fork and break up any large bits.
Cool completely before it is stored.

I found these from Bostonkitty
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 20:55

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 223/192.2/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:getting better
Progress: 42%

Great For Anytime (actually you can put anything in it you want)

Steakumms broken up in pieces
Mushrooms
Green Peppers
Sautee all together (works best to put a lid over)
Sprinkle with any variety of your favorite cheese

Its really delicious

Cooking time is less than ten minutes, prepping and all
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 10:44

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

My favorite breakfast is kefir (like liquid yogurt) with Keto shake mix topped with sliced strawberries. The texture is like a mousse, really nice with berries. I am not a big breakfast eater, the thought of eating meat first thing in the morning makes me a little ill. So something light like this is perfect for me.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 00:49
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 162/147/135 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 56%

I like mock danish...the recipe is posted here on one of the forums. This might technically count as eggs but it's different enough for me! The recipe (roughly) is 2 ounces of cream cheese, one egg, a bit of splenda, and a splash of vanilla mixed in a microwavable bowl. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top, and nuke it for two minutes. Yum!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 12:10

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Lately my breakfast has consisted of three 5" stalks of celery filled with cream cheese, and 1 cup of strawberries, along with a Fruit 2O orange flavored. (Plus a mouthful of vitams )