Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 17:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/135/120 Female 67.00
BF:24%
Progress: 40%
Default Losing on Wellbutrin SR

I started Atkins on 1/17/03 and I was very concerned about slow weight loss on this medication and lcing. I take 150 mg. twice a day. After losing 6 lbs. on induction, I started to reduce my medication to once a day. However, after three weeks I started to bottom out and had to go back to twice a day. Interesting enough, once I went back to twice a day the weight loss was greater (3.5 lbs. in one week). I do aerobic exercise six days a week (kickboxing (3 times), elliptical machine (2 times), Walk Away The Pounds 3 miles (1 time). I have successfully lost 18.5 lbs. and over 15 inches. I am also feeling great.

For me Wellbutrin SR has not inhibited my weight loss. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same experience!

191/172.5/135, 5'2", 40 yo female
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 18:54
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 220/196/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 30%

I have had no problem losing while taking Wellbutrin
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 11:20

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 185/178/130
BF:way too much
Progress: 13%

I am so happy to hear that. Anti depressants is what has made me gain all this weight that I need to loose. first I started with paxil, then went to celexa, then to prozac, then back to paxil, and now welbutrin, my Dr. says it has the lowest weight gain percentage of all of them, so Im thinking why 2 years of all the others when I was complaing of weight gain to begin with. I was just about to give up on antidepressants because no matter what I ate I still gained. I am so glad to hear that it actually made you loose
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 01:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

I am really happy that other people are taking Wellbutrin and Atkins works for them. I know that when i orginally started taking Wellbutrin (about 4? years ago) I lost quite a bit of weight at the beginning, just from taking it - but unfortunatly, I have gained most of it back. I have heard that often some dr.'s prescribe it as an appetite suppresant for those who are also depressed. I was concerned when I read Atkins that my prescription would be a problem. You have made me feel much better!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 10:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 487/449/199
BF:100%...LOL
Progress: 13%

My dr. has prescribed Wellbutrin for my weight loss and he knows I am on atkins...I have lost 28lbs the first month!!!