Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Smile Weird....but, normal (I hope)

Happy Sunday, all...

This is my third day on my new way of eating, and everything's going o.k. I've lost 5 lbs. so far (yeah, I know that it's water weight, but it still looks good).

I've noticed some interesting things...

Even though I haven't felt very good the past couple of days (stupid allergies and sinus headache), whenever I go to lay down and rest, I get right back up. I can't seem to get my body to take a nap or just vegetate for a while. My mind seems to be going a hundred miles a minute.

I'm usually somewhat scatterbrained (too much info in my head, but not good for a teacher), but today, my mind seems pretty clear. I've been sitting here doing report cards for a couple of hours, and I'm still not overly tired. I'm not starving either.

I went out to lunch today, and ate a lot of chicken and salad.

Another thing I've noticed is that I feel "lighter". I know that I haven't lost enough to really notice a change, but that's the only way to describe it. Wierd, huh??

Finally, I'm not having my PMS moodiness (my family seems to be safe from my wrath), so far. I still have about 6 days before that time, but I'm usually growling by now.

Oh, well...back to the report cards. My magical leprechaun doesn't seem to be in the mood to do it for me.

TTFN!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 20:40

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes it's all normal. The energy instead of needing naps, the loss of the carby 'brain fog' & the reduction in PMS symptoms. Thank you LC. I can identify with the feeling of lightness - I have had it at times when I am really staying with the program.

I hope that you get a lovely Induction loss - even water registers on the scales and it counts - and then settle in to lose more slowly & enjoy the health benefits that come with LCing.

#3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 22:21

Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Talking Carby Brain Fog

Hi Tofi...

I love the term "carby brain fog". Maybe that IS what's been going on with me for a long time. It will be nice to have the fog clear away.

I would love to have a whoooosh during induction. Then, I'll set smaller, attainable goals. My first goal is to lose about 50 pounds by late July (if possible). I'm going to England then, and I'd like to be lighter and have enough energy to climb castle steps and walk through the lovely gardens without getting out of breath.

Thanks for the reassurance!

TTFN!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 14:44

Stats: 205/184/135
BF:way to much
Progress: 30%

Hello,

I noticed that you are another Nevadan. Congrats on choosing this woe. It will benefit you in so many ways.

I, too, can understand the feeling of lightness. I love it and want to feel it all of the time. For me, it was hard at first to feel that wonderful sensation and then not have anyone notice the weight loss. However, the first person noticed yesterday... after a 17 pound weight loss.

Only great things are in store for.

Tam
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 19:36

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 184/184/165 Female 5' 6"
BF:no clue
Progress: 0%

I haven't been able to take a decent nap for a while, too. I always want to be up and around and seeing what's going on. That's a huge change from just four months ago!

(Hello from another Las Vegan!)
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 20:40

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Congratulations on making the step to this WOE. I'm glad you're feeling energetic. The headaches could be carb withdrawal. I had them and they were deadly. But passed in a few days.

My best suggestion to all newbies is to stick with the forum and try new recipes. I made a delicious chili tonight with black soybean.

Amy