Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 03:41

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 224/221/147
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default hello to all

hi id just like to introduce myself. im 34 years old and like probably most of u have spent the last 16 years yo-yo dieting on low fat diet plans to end up at my heaviest ever. i started lc on thurs 6th march (i know, thurs and not a monday!!!!) and im finding it pretty easy at the moment as i first tried this last year for a week and for some reason my heart wasnt in it prob due to the bad press it was having and trying to get my head round the eating fat isnt bad idea which had become so alien to me. but this time im commited. after surfing the web for everything on lc i have to say this is the best site yet thats why ive joined. i hope i can be successful and support people as well as getting support from u. i hope one day i can post a pic on here i can be proud of. i hope i can finally have a summer where i dont have to cover up through embarassment. im going to lc for 2 weeks and see if i can loose any then im going to incorperate exercise as i already have a running machine and weights from other fitness plans ive done in the past (if i can remove all the dust )

So for now thats me. Heres to the journey im enbarking on and to the jeans i havent worn for 3 years
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 04:30
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%
Default Hi Ally!

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
im 34 years old and like probably most of u have spent the last 16 years yo-yo dieting on low fat diet plans to end up at my heaviest ever.

Yes, so did I! I'm 35 and have pretty similar goal weight. Good news is that you will reach you goal and on the way you will feel so much better in every way. Just surf the forum and you will see how many beneficial sides of lowcarbing you are about to experience. By the way, I just posted a repport under "atkins", check it out if you want. There is also a great thread there "Other benefits of lowcarbing", very interesting for us girls.
Good luck to you, if you want you can always post your questions.
Take care!

Alina

Are you using fitday.com food calculator yet? Try it, it's hard to manage without it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 05:10

BF:
Talking hi Alina

thanx for ur reply. im slowly but surely going thru this site. im really gonna try not to be a slave to the scales cos thats the only thing that will put me off if its not going down. we seem pretty alike. i have no children either and ive got a cocker spaniel who fills that space right now. i also used to live in germany. i dont normally have time to come on here much but as i feel so much more awake the last few days ill check in regularly. sitting here with my pint of water fills my mind and i was gonna say take thoughts of food away, but since ive started this, food hasnt been the main focus and cravings seems to have gone. no choc for 5 days now and not missed it if u ever want to email me and chat feel free
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 05:16
SPOILED

Yes, I will email you, great idea! About the cravings...they really are gone, vanished....since I started 7 weeks ago. This surely is a miracle to me. I can very much relate: I feel more awake too, used to get extremely tired after meals. The food has no control over me anymore. Never thought it could happen.
Alina
Oh, just got this message, you have to change your profile, I guess.

"Unable to send PM. Possible reasons:

1. waterbabe has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. "

Last edited by Alina : Tue, Mar-11-03 at 05:20.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 05:36

BF:
Thumbs up oops

im not sure if ive fixed the prob or not. my email is bleep if i havent done it right.

r u taking extra vitamins?? i take vit e and omega 3 fish oil. i was also thinking of getting some whey protein shakes to have if i dont feel like eating or cooking. what do u think??

alson i havent quite managed to kick the diet coke is this really bad? i do compensate with lots of water. i also have the odd coffee at work from the machine. is this really a hinder to my progress.

im sorry to ask u so many questions. im just wanting this to work so badly. my main prob is what to take to work as lunch. do u work?

Last edited by waterbabe : Tue, Mar-11-03 at 15:38.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 06:05

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

FYI:

You can't send or receive private messages until you've posted at least 25 times. Also, not that it matters to me, but you're not supposed to post your email address. Maybe both of you start journals (if you don't have one already) and chat back and forth there. Altho, it doesn't take long to post 25.....

Take care,

Nicole
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 06:09
SPOILED

Lightbulb

Thanks Nicole, we didn't know that.
Ally, you can edit you email adress away, I've sent the message.
Alina
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:41

BF:
Default sorry

thanx nicole for telling me. ive edited it out now. and ur right, wont take long at all to work up to 25 messages.

still busy reading all the messages on here and getting lots of info. the last 5 days havent been bad at all.

take care