Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/275/200
BF:100%/99%/12%?
Progress: 6%
Question Zoloft and Naprosyn

When I read the paperback Atkins New Diet Revoultion I had read about some medications that could prohibit weight loss. In that book I never saw anything about Zoloft and Naprosyn. For Valentines Day I received "Atkins for Life". I was reading and saw that Zoloft and Naprosyn could prohibit weight loss. I started the induction 7 weeks ago and I was still taking 50mg of Zoloft and 1000mg/day of Naprosyn. I switched to Wellbutrin on 1-13-03, and as of this am I am not going to take my Naprosyn. I starting taking osteoarthitis meds about 18 years ago due to knee injuries. I have been taking Naprosyn for about 2yrs. Does it take time for the Zoloft and Naprosyn to not prohibit weight loss? I have been doing pretty good and feel better. I may take Yucca root for my knees, could this affect my weight loss? Would a 1000mg/day of Bayer aspirin affect it? Thank-you for any input.
Scott
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 10:34
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

If you stopped taking zoloft on the 13 of January it is probably out of your system by now. I am also taking wellburin right now, it seems to have no bad effects on the weight loss program. Wellbutrin acts in a different manner than the anti-depressants like zoloft. This is the second time I am attempting induction, the first time I tried it for a month, in the first 2 weeks I lost nothing and thinking it was the wellbutrin I stopped taking it. I lost nothing the 2cnd two weeks either. I was one of those dizzy ones who thinks that they can still have their wine and do induction you cant so I started over, am taking my wellbutrin and skipping the wine (except for a little valentines debauchery) and have as of today lost 2lbs in 6 days.
So I think for me anyway wellbutrin is ok on this diet. It is also supposed to be a bit of an appetite suppressant.

Good Luck