Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 19:18
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default TDC Newbie Question...

Donald...

I was reading through the threads and I read somewhere that you said no one really reads the "Who has 100 or More Pounds To Lose" thread because it lost its focus...

My question is where should I go in TDC for daily interactions?

Thanks

~Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 19:33
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Michelle,

Some of us regularly read that thread. This very seldom happens, but I think I disagree somewhat with Donald about the role of the "Who wants to lose 100 or more pounds thread." I think that rather than saying that the "Who has 100 or more pounds to lose?" thread has "lost" its focus, we should say that it has changed its focus. It's now become more of a place for people to chat about whatever they are thinking about and not a very good place for introductions (its original purpose). Its almost like a chat room, but not in real time.

Some people like that; some people do not (and I think Donald is included in the do not, based upon his previous post). If you just want to chat in the Triple Digits Club it is probably a good place to go.

If you want to post general questions and make sure that all or most of the members of the TDC have read them, you should probably post them in a new thread, not in the "Who has 100 or more pounds to lose" thread. People will definitely see them if they have a heading that shows up as a new thread.

Donald, does this make sense?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 18:50
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

I am just bringing this up to the top again...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I lean the same way as Donald. If the thread is too long I generally don't go back because I cannot remember where I left off (early alzheimers) and I find it difficult to keep up with the flow.

But this is a huge forum and there are so many ways to do it. For me, I like to visit people's journals and once we get to know each other a bit, we visit back and forth that way. It is easy for me to keep track of and know whose journal I haven't visited since they posted in mine. This has helped me make some incredible friends and keeps the conversation going.

When I see someone new, and I enjoy how they express themselves or I can identify with them, I try to post a hello in their journal and read their journal. If they don't respond to me after that post I assume they don't want to get to know me. I guess I feel like there has to be mutual interest in sharing.

I visit the TDC about once a week and catch up on the news from fellow TDCers. I also enjoy reading "new posts" and I often visit the intros and newbie questions. I know how helpful it was when I was new here to have people answer my questions and be friendly. "Whatever works" is the motto of low-carbing (for me) and I think the same is true for how we use the forum.

Good to know you! Cindi