Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 11:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/180/150
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default sagging skin

I saw some program on TV about people who had had stomach stapling surgery and lost over 100 pounds - they had awful folds of skin and had to have "body lifts". The message seemed to be that they lost the weight so fast that their skin couldn't snap back. Also with this much weight loss the skin probably couldn't snap all the way back.. I have now lost almost 30 pounds, I am 50 and I exercise(Pilates) and my tummy is firmer and I see no loose skin so far! My arms are even more toned. I think exercise is definitely necessary, especially if you are "of a certain age".
Great luck sticking to this woe! I wish the acronym wasn't a word for sad, I feel so happy eating this way!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 12:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh Yeah. Exercise is essential. I'm somewhat over 50 and I know that without exercise I'd have saggy skin, mushy muscles, and flapping fat.

I've been a regular exerciser for 30 years (really). I am amazed that at my advanced age (54), low-carbing has given me a more
fit appearance and better muscle definition than I had when I was at this same weight 20 years ago. I was eating low fat then and exercising about the same amount as I do now. So I credit low-carbing with the change.

This WOE totally changes your metabolism. Ain't it great!
Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 12:57

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default Thank you!

I am so glad to hear there is hope for this kangaroo pouch I am still carrying around after baby #3 ( 17 years ago) . I was just asking my husband the other night if he thought I would end up with a bunch of skin hanging around after this was all over. I was always skinny and my tummy was great until I got sick after # 3 and now that I am getting better thanks to supplements and this woe I would love to see my tummy at least be one tummy instead of two .........I think it bugs me the most because it was always the nicest part of my body and now is ICKY as they say..... Thanks for giving me hope!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 21:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The exercise and water and the supplements all help with the skin thing. it seems that on an LC plan, the skin doesn't stay empty and get baggy, it shrinks fairly well with you. So keep up the exercise and see what happens.

#5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 07:54

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 245/240/190 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Yes, good news for my Shar-pei belly. Yep. It looks just like the dog. I had a 10 pound baby followed by an 11 1/2 pound baby 15 months later and my stomach has never been the same. Now they are 4 and 5 and the belly is still there. Looking forward to the day I can see my c-section scar without lifting skin. If it doesn't go back, I have discussed the possibility of reconstructive surgery on the belly skin. Hopefully, I will aviod that!