Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/130 Female 62 inches
BF:not sure
Progress: 0%
Default Winter Blues

Depression? Yes.... Winter doesn't help it either. Felt great in the spring and summer, and now things slow down. What I've learned is that I have to slow down with the season. I have to remember that winter is a time of short days, long nights, life slows down. Time for lots of weekend movies and cozying around the fireplace.

Little frustrating though .... I spent 21 years in the military so that I could retire before 40. Now I'm there and able to spend more time with my teenagers and take care of them as I couldn't do as well when I was working so much. I've done three moves in two years and have been in WI for about 5 months now. Just beginning to feel settled in. Need to find a home business to supplement the income and finding that my teens don't need me as much as they did when they were little. I am so overly happy when they do need me. They tell me that I've become lazy. Can't win for losing I suppose.

Will do me good to start LCing again. That will give me a goal. I'm not good without goals.

So happy that I have all of you out there to get me through the tough days. I hope that I can be there for someone else too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/205/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Your not Alone

I too suffer from seasonal depression. From January till Spring Im so depressed.I have found some things that help.Open the shades to your windows as far as you can and let the sun shine in.I start planting seeds inside and bought a plant light and when its on it helps in some weird way.I also go out and walk.It use to be so bad that Id gain all the weight I lost back during these months,but now Ive found some tricks that help.I still feel anxious at this time but I really believe more light has helped me.Go get into a tanning bed.I promise youll feel better.Keep in touch and know that Spring is just around the corner