Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 23:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool sticking with it

hey everyone, I'm new here and I am starting the atkins diet tommorrow, I haven't tried it but I am wondering if it will work. I have tried almost everything except a low carb diet and nothing works. I run every day and I am not someone you would call "in shape" but i'm hoping that I will be by summer!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 17:13

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 172/169/130
BF:33% ?
Progress: 7%

welcome ocean girl.
i just started on monday and i see we have similar stats and goals plus, i also run and i'm from the east coast maybe we can be buddies. i am going to follow this to the t i hope it works as i need to fit into a wedding dress in june. goodluck, people seem to be very helpful and supportive here.
jen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 20:49
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%
Default Hello and welcome

To both of you... I tried every diet imaginable and this does seem to be working. Make sure during induction you stick right to the plan. Nothing extra. Did you guys read the links to the right. Do you know if Atkins is the right plan for you? There are alot of plans that LC. I just want you to make sure you pick one you can stick with. That is most important. So look around, there is alot to offer here. If you have a question, just ask. At least your headed in the right direction, you started a journal. Congrats to you both.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/196/199
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good luck you two, this is the first way of eating that I have stuck with. I have been living this way of life since March, and have lost over 90 lbs. Honestly, and I know this should not be the norm, I have not really done much exercise. I try to hit the gym like once a week for a jog, but usually its more like one time every other week. Anyhow, the first couple weeks is the worst, then it should be smooth sailing. Just find some foods that you really enjoy, some people tend to complain about variety of available foods, but if you are creative and look, you will find a lot of variety. You will undoubtedly hit lulls in your weight loss, its expected, and very normal, expect them, and prepare for them, so when they happen you can bust threw them that much sooner.
Most important, enjoy life, and all the new things that you will garner from your experience. I just got to buy a whole bunch of new clothes!

Chris
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I just wanted to say welcome aboard! This WOL has been perfect for me. I like the food and I feel wonderful! There are ups and downs but you just keep going. You can find wonderful support and information on the forum!