Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Lightbulb interested in lowcarb products before Christmas?

Interested in ordering and receiving high-quality low carb products in time for Christmas? Want to order in Canadian funds, and deal with one of the original Canadian low carb businesses?

Have a look at my updated webpage at www.LowCarbCanada.com -- let me know what you'd like to order and I will send you a quote for your confirmation.

** In order to ensure any shipment to you goes out in the first week of December, I have set a cut-off date for ordering and confirmation/payment of orders, for the week ending November 30th ** so if you wish to order, please keep in mind that confirmation/payment deadline.

Here's some current information about product ordering and shipping you may find helpful in making your decisions:

Interested in the famous DaVinci Gourmet Sugarfree Syrups or Tea Concentrates only? If you live in the Western region, I can help the most. Timing/WinterShipping affects DaVinci Gourmet shipped to the Eastern region, i.e., Thunder Bay ON and East, from B.C. There is risk of the bottles freezing with Regular Post (basic shipping). However, an alternative source is available to Easterners, if you are interested I can provide some sourcing information for DaVinci Gourmet Sugarfree syrups, located in Toronto (just let me know).

Interested in Keto Foods products only? If you live in the Western region, I can help. If you live in the Eastern region, check out www.ketofoodscanada.com based out of Brampton ON (and tell them I sent ya) for better shipping rates than I can offer. There is a toll-free telephone number and lots of product information at their website.

Interested in the famous original LaTortilla Factory tortillas (3 flavours in Regular Size, and 1 flavour in Large Size)? They pack well and I've got good discounts on multiples.

How about the famous Expert Foods ThickenThin line of low carb cooks' helpers and extenders -- not/Starch -- not/Cereal -- not/Sugar -- or the Cook-It-Up Pudding Mix ? As always, there are fabulous tips on how to use the products, ideas and facts, and holiday recipes (MANY excellent recipes, not all requiring the Expert Foods products, check it out!) at the www.expertfoods.com website.

Both the LaTortilla and Expert Foods product lines have (bonus!) natural ingredients, are low to very-low carb, are low glycemic and high in fiber (especially the heart and colon-healthy soluble fiber). They also ship well and relatively inexpensively (can get quite a few in a smallish box) and make excellent Christmas presents for those you love and for yourself.

Hope you find this information helpful and best of the oncoming Season to you!

Jude
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 18:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Do you still only take Check & M/O?

Thank you
Candice
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 23:54
Registered Member

• Cheques
    Money-Orders
    CertaPay (super easy Email Money Transfer through Canadian banks, see www.CertaPay.com for info), and
    PayPal (secured charge card interface, now has Canadian funds available, always free to Send money from a personal account, see www.PayPal.com for info).

Direct receiving of payment via charge cards is still VERY expensive and would raise the prices, which I strongly do NOT want to do.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 23:56

so you do take credit cards through paypal now?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 23:59
Registered Member

Well, yes, isn't that what I said?

That's how PayPal works...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 00:10

I just didn't understand because you were saying paypal, which can be direct from you bank account...then said that you didn't want to take credit cards because it would raise prices!!!!!
You don't have to be so rude!

I think I would rather just order direct from the company. Everytime I ask you a question you are so rude. Why? I don't think it was a stupid question because Paypal does accept money from you bank account and then right after you said paypal you said that you didn't want to accept credit cards. And paypal isn't free.. It takes a percentage out of the sale.

Thank you
Candice
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 20:05
Registered Member

Actually, Candiflip, I didn't think I was being rude, only factual. If the full detail behind my statements is what you want to know, here it is:

I said I couldn't take credit cards directly (which is true) and I can take PayPal, which is an interface for credit card users (which is also true). The fact that PayPal charges me to receive payments is, technically, my "problem" so I didn't mention it. They do charge me less than having a full-bore merchant account would cost because I don't have to pay a monthly fee (and THAT'S what would raise prices so it's also true).

Finally, PayPal says, right on the website and in their marketing, that's it's free to send money from a personal PayPal account -- I didn't make that up.

I'm sorry you seem to find my factual style rude. Certainly not intended.

It is, as always, entirely your choice as to where and what you buy.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 15:27

Stats: 184/184/144
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Payment Methods

Just to add, you can pay by Hyperwallet, which is my choice of payment method, and it's great. It only costs me .25 per transaction. Seems fair enough to me. I also believe that Hyperwallet is a Vancouver based operation, which is pretty kewl in my books to. I believe their web page is www.hyperwallet.com. I have enjoyed my transactions with LowcarbCanada and would recommend them.