Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 12:14

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Hi BFLers! :)

Hi All,
I have been doing Atkins for 5 months and 1 day (but who is counting ) Im doing great and I love LCing! I have lost 50 lbs. Im just trying to shake up my body a bit and so Im going to try out BFL starting Monday 11/18 so I have enough time to read up on what Im doing !

Just wanted to say hi to those of you whom I dont know and that I will probably be lurking in your journals seeing what you eat and how you do your exercises.

Thanks and wish me luck

PS I am not real thrilled about standing in my bra and underwear tomorrow for my before pic BUT HEY hopefully I will have some good after pics to compare it with!

Vicki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 12:46

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey there Miss Vicki! Congrats on taking the plunge. I know you're doing your BFL homework and If I think of anything that would be of help I'll be sure to point you in the right direction.

Take those dreaded before pics, you'll be so happy you did.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 13:05

BF:

Hi and thanks Nat.
I remember 5 months ago you telling me to take before pics and also measurements and here we are again I will take the pic of me tomorrow but Im not posting it until I see some major dramatic results

I lurked in your gym log and printed off your first 14 days of BFL work outs. Im also on this exercise forum and reading the book. I joined up for the challenge

Thanks for the support always. You are the best.

Vicki
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 13:37

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Heya Vicki!

Yeay!!!!!! Congrats on deciding to BFL. I know I'm still loving it, I hope you do too!!!!

E took my b4 pics for me.... LOL wait till you see them! (only when I have some afters to post with them, of course) Here I am standing in my br in front of the door in black panties, a neon green sports bra, and 2 bras under that! I had 3 diff sets of straps showing in the "back" photo. (I was getting ready to go to the gym when we decided to take the pics) Nothing remotely attractive about these photos, no ma'am. I can't wait to see my "after" pics though! I KNOW there will be a HUGE difference!

LOL you're so funny about LURKING... fyi - I'm always lurking after you too! TriciaW too... hope she's livin it up in the BVI on her honeymoon!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 13:47

BF:

Its sorta fun to have something "new" to look forward to that is positive in terms of exercise and eating habits

Kate, we are in this together. Im so appaled to have to have my pic taken like that but did you see some of them on teh website? WHAT TRANSFORMATIONS! WOOOW
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: BFL/PP
Stats: 115/114/107
BF:32/32/25
Progress: 13%

Hi Vickie~I just started BFL too! Started on Monday. Its fine so far. I haven't posted much because I spend all my time reading and trying to get my plan in place. As Nat said in one of her threads you really need to spend a lot of time planning to make this work but I'm certain it will be worth it.
Great job on your success so far and good luck to you on your BFL journey. Also contrats on your upcoming wedding. That is exciting! Talk about planning, you must be an expert
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 11:01

Plan: LC & BFL
Stats: 214/175/150 Female 5'6
BF:will/update/:)
Progress: 61%

Hi Vickie!

I am on day #6 of my BFL challernge...First one.

Congrats on your success thus far with this WOL & your wedding to come!
You will do great at this.

I will try to be better about posting what I'm eating during BFL. I keep logs on paper regarding my reps/how much weight/etc, so I have not been typing them up here. I'm also just a little swamped right now starting BFL & working, etc...

I am following the book right now. At the 4 week mark, I will be looking to "shake things up a bit."

I have upped my carb intake for BFL. I bought a protein powder (it is low carb) called, "GROW-mrp." I found it at netrition.com. This helps me get those meals in. I also add my Glutamine powder to it which is great.

My extra carbs are coming from veggies, some fruit, & nuts/seeds. I have had no cravings or bad effects from upping my carbs during this time.

Glad to have you on board for BFL!

Leslie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 13:29

BF:

Hi Leslie and Suzie
Thanks so much for your support Glad to see that you guys are doing well!

Maybe I will try that protein powder out if I have trouble not getting all of my food in

LETS GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!