Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 10:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/124/125 Female 5"
BF:
Progress: 104%
Unhappy Killer Headache

HI All,
I know having a "killer" headache is normal the first week of induction. I am on my 3rd day of induction. I have been reading all the posts and replies. Someone mentioned they stay away from splenda because it gives them a headache. I use 1 packet in the morning with my coffee ( which by the way I switched to 1/2 caf coffee) .. could this be the reason for my headache.. it is killing me, and I have it all day long. I take 1 bayer asprin before I go to bed. THanks
Wendy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 13:39

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Angry Headache

Sorry to hear about your headache. I have had wicked migranes all my life until menopause and then just like that they stopped. I haven't had any on LC at all.

Some folks say that highly processed food like salami gives them headaches. For me it's lack of sleep. Hope they stay away and you feel better!

Nancy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 13:42
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sorry about the headache too.

FYI - could be a combination of things. Withdrawal from carbs and caffeine (depending on how much you usually drank).

I gave up both caffeine and carbs the same day and found by the sixth day I felt great and haven't looked back once.

Hope you are feeling good soon.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 14:24
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you both..
I will give it the benefit of the doubt right now. Seeing I never got headaches this bad before in my life..
I drank about 3-4 cups of coffee in the morning and always had a piece of chocolate after lunch. Now I have like 2 cups of coffee in the morning (called 1/2 the caf) and NO chocolate at ALL.. :-)
so proud of me I am such a chocolate junky...
If my headaches get any worse I will take some advil .. and give it until next week.
Thanks again
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 17:45

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 100/88/80
BF:
Progress: 62%

I had some slight head aches during the 1st week, so i decided to take potassium tablets. Its worked a treat, i suppose its the potassium, but the same day i _ALSO_ stopped eating artificial sweetners, caffiene, AND started taking Chromium and Green Tea supplements. So somwhere in the middle of all that my head aches have gone!

=)

-jake
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 07:11
Registered Member

BF:
Wink Headache..feeling better

Good news.... yesterday (killer headache day) it went away on its own around 6:30 pm... so far no headache..
I havent lost any weight yet either ,,,
Thanks
Wendy