Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 240/185/175
BF:99%
Progress: 85%
Default Newfs? Ex-Newfs?

Any out there?

shutt
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 19:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/250/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hi there i am from newfoundland i just started the Atkins diet on Friday ,I don't mind it much but i do find it a little hard getting things for breakfeast,as for those pork rinds i looked at Sobeys today no such luck . Nice to chat with you how long have you been on the low carbohydrate diet and how do you like it .
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 16:41
Registered Member

Breakfast is easy for me, as I never did eat much in the morning anyway.. Sometimes I just have a protein shake, or maybe some eggs and ham or something.

As for the pork rinds, they're an acquired taste. There are many flavours in the U.S. but its hard to find much here in Ottawa.

I've been on low carb (Atkins, CAD) since last summer. I did Atkins for four months and lost most of my weight, then I started CAD and my weight loss slowed down (but I eat many more carbs now than before).

I'm from the Northern Peninsula (west coast) by the way.

shutt
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:18

BF:

hi there it is really nice to hear back from you ,i am so glad to hear that you did lose your weight it gives me some incouragement to know that . I was woundering if you could let me know how much vitamins you were taking and if you are still taking them i am afraid i am not taking enough i take a multi vitamin and vitamin c i was woundering if it is enough . oh by the way i am originally from Bay d Espoir but is know living in St Johns thanks for the reply take care .
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/229/185 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile Hi folks

Hi,

Just signed in nice to see other Newfies in here. I just started Atkins last week. I am wondering what kind of beverages you are drinking besides tea and water??? Any suggestions....
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:51

BF:

hi there nice to hear from you i only started the Atkins diet last week to i will be on this diet 1 week friday .I drink water,caffine free coffee,caffine free diet coke and pepsi. I tend to drink more caffine free diet coke then anything i dont know if it is ok or not but i am using the ketois sticks and it shows that i am in ketosis i am so new to all this but i am learning a bit .What part of newfoundland are you from .
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 10:32
Registered Member

Default vitamins

baywap 2, I take a multi plus 1000 mg of vit C, plus Cal/Mag. Cal/Mag is very important on this diet. Look for one with Vit D in it, as it helps the absorpsion. Jamieson is what I take. Try to stay away from calcium carbonate - it's crap.

You may also want to look into flax or flax seed oil (or salmon oil) for your fatty acids and omega 3 and 6.

shutt
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 05:46

BF:
Thumbs up

hi baywap2,

I am from St. Johns, merrymeeting Rd. / empire ave. area Known by most as Rabit Town. Now living in PEI.

Sorry about taking so long to reply... sign of the ttimes i guess rush... rush...rush ... no time for oneself...

I steped on the scales tody and lost 6 lbs in my first week... not bad I guess. I see a lot of people are taking vitamins and suppluments. I have not, as yet, and have not seen any negitive effects of this. I just discouvered sugur free Kool-Aid which is good... gives me another beverage to put into my lunch bag.

Cheers for now,
Sandy
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 14:46
Determined2bSlim

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:35.1/no idea/20
Progress: 53%
Default I'm a Newfie In the Yukon

And I just got back from a trip "down home" yesterday. I'm from Eastport. My daughter and I were there for 4 days short of a month and she misses Nanny and Poppy already...and frankly, so do I!

I am starting Atkins tomorrow if I can get my butt in gear and get a grocery list together. Gotta lose those 10 pounds I gained eating all that yummy food that only mom can make!

Are we allowed to eat moose on Atkins? lol
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 18:55

BF:

Hi All,

Just stoping in to say hi to one and all. Been real bussy here of late. I am having a hard time keeping my pants up these days even in my last belt hole. i think I may have to punch another one..... . I seem to be getting smaller around middle but very little weight loss.... I am much more active of late.... working at building a fence with round sticks from local forest and getting lots of positive comments on my creation. i was in NFLD in early June and seen several such fences there so I decided to build one as well... I so miss my NFLD..... I have a hard time with leaving the rock every time i go visit my folks there...I want to go back home... oh well maybe some day....

Any way how is everyone else doing.... Itrust all are well and enjoying the wonderful summer...

Cheers for now...
Sandy
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:14

Stats: 131/120.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:21%
Progress: 80%

Hi all! I'm from nefoundland too.... i moved to victoria, bc in '94 and just recently moved to Alberta.
I'm originally from the 'bay' and just started atkins over two weeks ago. Seems to be working great thus far. I still drink my coffee and have the ocassional diet soda. I bought the low carb lemonade from atkins site and it tastes awesome! Only 1 carb per glass. Can't beat that.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 00:48
Determined2bSlim

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:35.1/no idea/20
Progress: 53%

I lived in Victoria for 5 years before I moved up North.

My hometown is Eastport... (Land of the Beaches! lol)
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:28

Stats: 435/410/225 Male 5' 11''
BF:
Default Newfoundlanders ... YEAH!!!

Hello all...

I have been on Atkins now for about a month.

I noticed someone mention eating Moose while following the atkins program and I am happy to share that, from what I read anyway, Moose is perfect for the Atkins diet.

I am from Topsail, Newfoundland and am proud to say that I have recently moved back to Topsail from Ottawa.

I have been making good progress with the diet.

I am trying new foods and new recipies (spelling).

It is very encouraging (spelling) to see other Newfoundlanders on this forum.

Best wishes to everyone.

Unit 0.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 12:14

Stats: 140/137.8/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Smile hi from ontario

hi
saw your post and here is one ex newf at least..I am currently in petawawa ontario...been here 3 years...
so lets chat and support...
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 22:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

My hubby is from Buchans and I'm from NS.

He's moving to St. John's end of Feb (military - posted), and we're following when school is out.
Good to know there are at least a few things I can get there.

Hope things improve in the availability of items - I'd rather not have to do on-line shopping.

Now all we need to do is find a place to live and a job for me.