Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 10:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/140/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Angry I Feel Horrible!

Hi Everyone-

Last night I attended a bachelorette party where I had one drink and some sugary snacks. This morning I woke up with a MONSTER headache. I feel like I went on a real bender last night and from just a tiny bit of alcohol and sugar! (Pre-Atkins I could down a bottle of wine by myself. )

I just wanted to share this because it reaffirms my belief that anything that makes you feel this bad can't be good for you .

Back On The LC Wagon!

gem75
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 10:41

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%

Me tooo!
I haven't had the snacks but I cheated once or twice with the alchohol and I felt like I had downed gallons of wine the next morning and I only had like 2 glasses. I used to drink a bottle of red by myself and sometimes open another with no ill effects but I know better now. I'm kinda glad though cause even when I want to drink now I know I'll suffer after so I (usually, 1 glass with dinner the other night) don't!

PS~ Drink lots and lots of water, it helps with the hangover.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 19:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/235/190
BF:
Progress: 49%

You can drink distilled alcohol like gin as long as you don't over do it but ketosis is suspended until the alcohol is done

Jeff
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 19:53

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

If you're going to have a cocktail or a glass of wine, make sure to drink plenty of water afterwards....don't wait until the next morning. This will help prevent the dehydration that alcohol usually produces and hopefully prevent you from having one whopper of a hangover the next morning. It's also best to not drink on an empty stomach. Because your body is already using ketones for energy, this makes you less tolerant to alcohol because it is broken down much more quickly into it's intoxicating components. To put it simply, be careful; you can get hammered a lot faster and on a lot less alcohol when you are low carbing than you otherwise would. HTH