Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 11:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Talking A few big losers

I like to watch our weight counter (don't mistake me for a weight watcher though!)

It has jumped a few hundreds in the last day or two, which indicates some of our new members are BIG LOSERS! with a 100+ lbs loss! Please introduce yourself and tell us how you did it! We love big losers!

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 11:36

Plan: different ones
Stats: 272/175/150
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down getting a little bored

I have been on low carb now for about 2 and a half years and I must admit that some days I get a little bored with the food. I have lost about 97 lbs. Can anybody help me with a few new diet tricks, I still have about 28 more lbs. to go.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 11:45
Forum Founder

Hi BeeBee, welcome aboard!

Congrats on the loss, you're getting really close to goal. Here's a tip for those bored with their food choices. Click on the "Tips" link on the menu above, and look for an article by Karen title "Jazz-up your induction" It has a few great ideas, and not only for induction. Karen also has her own recipe section, under "Karen", and you'll find quite unique low-carb recipes. Hope this helps.

Keep us posted on your discoveries.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198.5/198.5/130
BF:
Progress:
Default whoosh fairy : )

i lost 7 lbs!!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOOO

i think i love this fairy more than santa.

-wussypuff
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 15:28

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Woo woo for both of you

Wussypuff I am sooo proud of you. I hope our chat the other night helped you out. If you ever need me just look me up You have my ICQ and email addy now.

Hope this weekend goes well for you and remember......you only cheat yourself if you are tempted by the bad stuff
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 16:49

BF:
Progress:
Talking Thanks for responding

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to using a computer. I didn't write much before because I didn't know if I could do this. I also wanted to ask if anyone has a problem with gaining weight if you eat too much? I went on P.P. for 3 weeks and ate 25 to 30 carbo grams a day and approximately 2,000 calories a day and gained 3 lbs. I have since went on the Hollywoods Healthiest Diets which is all the low fat meats you want with low fat cheese,egg whites, and all the vegetables you can hold except for the starchy ones. I seem to be losing now again but I miss the fat and regular cheese. Does anyone have any problems like this. Oh by the way I feel like I have found some friends, thanks!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 17:22

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Wussypuff! CONGRATS GIRL FRIEND!! I'm so very proud of you!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 17:54

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking WELCOME BEE BEE!

Welcome! I'm pretty new too! Isn't this a great place?
As far as my diet...I do atkins. I keep my carbs at 10 and can go up as hi as 30 with out going out of ketoises. But for the most part I try to stay at 10. I myself only have a problem if I lower my cal {and I have a hard time eating enough due to lack of hungery...I'm not complaining!ha!} intake or don't take in the fat that I'm supposed to. I do check my ketones allot...so as long as I'm in the purple I'm okay even if my weight slows down...I will lose inches. Keep an eye on your ketones and don't worry as long as that is working....it IS coming of!
By the way...those last 28 lbs. won't come off as fast as the 97! But that is okay as long as they are coming off!
Do KETONE CHECK...then breath!
SMILE!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 18:09

BF:
Progress:
Question ketosis?

Thanks so much for the reply. I have a hard time getting and keeping in ketosis. I went on the Atkins diet but didn't lose and I stayed at about 15 carbs. a day. It seems like I have to lower my fat intake and cal. to lose weight but the low fat is not very tasty and it doesn't fill me up like all that fat. I do like cream in my decaf coffee and I really like cream cheese. I make a cheese cake thats sugar free and soooo good, but of course I eat too much of it. I have been at this weight for too long now and really want it off. I don't know how long I can stay on this low fat version of the protein diets.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-20-01, 18:43

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Question

I have become very interested in this low-carb diet. I have been reading some of the things you all have been writing about. I noticed that some of you are doing ketone strips. What is that, and what does it do for you? Where do you get them? I am fixing to start the diet and was trying to gain some insite on the diet. Thank you for your help.

cclark
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-20-01, 18:47
Forum Founder

Hi Cclark, welcome aboard!

Actually, those strips are just for urine analysis, they're quit similar to diastix used by diabetics to test for glucose. It helps determine the amount of carb you can take, while still losing fat (indicating you are in ketosis).

Wa'il
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 15:50

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I am interested in starting this diet, but I am a very picky on the food I will eat. Could someone give me a web site that gives what foods have low-carbs. And also a wed site that might have recipes. I just need to know what kinds of foods I can eat to maintain this diet. Thank you for you help.

cclark
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 15:57
Forum Founder

You came to the right place for low-carb recipes! Just click on the menu above where it says "Karen".

Make sure you read one of the diet books, Atkins or Protein Power, or whatever plan you're comfortable with. Click on the Tips section as well.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Wa'il