Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 16:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/182/135
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Tomorrow is the Day!!!

Hi everyone,
My name is Debby. I am frightened and angry. I weigh 235 pounds. How could I do this to myself. What if I can't lose this weight. I had tried so many times. I don't think I am strong enough. I need all the help & support that is available. I am starting Adkins tomorrow, Monday 7/29/02. I don't know how to use this sight but I'm learning. If anyone has any good advice for me, let me know. I am going to the store now to buy some meat.
Debby confused:
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 08:09

Plan: pregnancy
Stats: 235/212/165
BF:
Progress: 33%

well i deffinatly wish you luck! you can do it, just stick around here these people are great at motivating you! i too was at 235 after one week i went down to 225, all the motivation i needed,.. i deffinatly want to stick with this. i am almost done with the second week of induction. anyway i just wanted to welcome you here and let ya know, everyone is there for you. feel free to ask questions or to just vent.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 08:23

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 279/240/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default GO Debby go!

I am 10 days ahead of you and glad I decided to start - down 7lbs! I had been dieting prior to starting Lo carb too - so I'm sure my 10 day loss would have actually been more....certainly not complaining. I found that Lo carb gives me more control of my appetite and, well, allows me to make food choices rather then food making me make choices. Start a journal - one of the mentors got me to do it and it has been very helpful! Go Debby go! - Steve
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 06:39

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 238/212/180 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Welcome, Justdoit. I started at 238 (as you can see in my profile) and tomorrow is my 3 month anniversary and I have lost 32 pounds as of this morning. I can't believe how easy this is. I started with Atkins only , but now am watching just low carb. Most of my carbs come from vegetables. I will admit that I treat myself (maybe twice a month) of having a small frosty from Wendy's. I find that when I do that it seems to spike my weight loss... Go figure. I'm not sure if that works for everyone.

You will find a million good ideas on this forum and wonderful, wonderful people that know everything that you need. You just have to ask. Hang in there...keep focused.

This is something that I tell myself when I have something in my hand that I am tempted to eat and need to talk myself out of it...."Once past the lips, forever on the hips!!)

Good luck...I know you can do it!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 09:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Debby and welcome!

I can relate to what you are saying on many levels. I believe after a week and a half on this plan it is by far the easiest to follow. The first few days may be a challenge, as it is for many people. Hang in there though. Keep coming back to the message boards and you will find encouragement from people who know exactly what you are going through.

Good luck

damaraq
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: Modified
Stats: 340/311/260 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Good Luck!!!!

I started a low carb plan 15 days ago and already I have lost 20 pounds. Stick to it as good as you can and when you stumble don't get discuraged. Way to go in making a decesion and good luck!!!

CK