Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 07:07

Plan: Atkins (again)
Stats: 160/158/137
BF:
Progress: 9%
Wink Advice from a winner/ big loser!

Hi LC Family,

This is a post I found on another LC site, and the writer posted it publicly, and thus, I do not think would mind if I pass it on...
I found the advice really on target, as we all make our way towards our own target weights!

Be Seeing you!
culli

"I posted this previously, but thought after reading some of the new members' posts, that I would re-post it. It might help if other Atkins Dieters would add replies to this message containing your own experiences with Atkins.

1) First week I felt light headed, and had a pretty rough headache. You may not experience this, but if you do, tough it out, drink water like mad.

2) Forget the Keto-stix. I spent way too much time and effort worrying if I was in ketosis or not. The weight came off (80 lbs) regardless of the color of the keto-stix. Drink water like mad.

3) Forget the scales. My clothes began falling off (not in public) regardless of what the scale said that morning. I spent way too much time and effort worrying about why I had not lost that 1 or 2 pounds. Shoot for getting on the scale every weekend, and writing the numbers on the calendar. Drink water like mad.

4) Don't worry about cafinated coffee unless it stalls your weight loss. I drank and still drink 3- 4 cups of high octane Starbucks Suluwesi coffee with creamer and equal every day. The weight came off. Drink water like mad.

5) Don't cheat. If you cheat, you are showing an unwillingness to change your health, and your habits, and there is nothing I (or we) can do to help. This is on YOU. Support is great! But YOU have to do the work. This is a war, and you can win...one battle at a time. Drink water like mad.

6) PLEASE...go to the doctor. No, I don't want to hear why you haven't, or why you won't...just go to the doctor. At least once a year. Be forthright about your goals and plans, and your diet. My doctor didn't like the fact I was going on that "Atkins Fad Diet," but didn't say I shouldn't do it. She is impressed with me and my numbers now! If your doctor says you shouldn't, ask for scientific reasons why not, and then go get a second opinion regarding those scientific reasons. Ask for them in writing. Your doctor may in fact know of a reason why YOU should not do this diet. You should understand why not.

And finally, I would like to mention one last thing I may have forgotten, and that is DRINK WATER LIKE MAD.

Atkins was the most effective diet regime I have ever been on. It is a paradigm shift, and as such, requires your full attention and effort. We can be healthy! We can loose that weight!

Matt (MLCHASE) 80 lbs lighter in one year"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 07:26

Plan: general
Stats: 247/200/180
BF:
Progress: 70%

Excellent post, thank you! While I have only been on this diet for about a month, I've lost 20 lbs. I'm so psyched! I agree with everything the post said. I'm not stalling on 2 cups of coffee with 1 packet of sweetner (total) and cream.

I did not get the headache, but was very tired for the first 3-4 days. The energy breakthrough is very important. I noticed it and am so excited to have so much energy that I won't cheat for fear of losing this energy!

Thanks, again.

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 09:58

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Talking

So true, especially the drinking water thing LOL.

The only thing I take a tiny issue with is the doctor thing. Not because I have a general issue with doctors, but because I have no health insurance! Yeah, America sucks, we're the only 1st world nation without state health care. I got kicked off my dad's at 23, despite my full time student status, and I am not about to pay hundred's of dollars to be told my some doctor that Atkins is a fad and I need to eat low fat.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 14:04
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up

hi culli,

These are great tips by "Matt (MLCHASE)" .. thanks for passing them on. Maybe you could post a link to the site where you borrowed them from , so we can give proper credit.

Happy Low-carbing to everybody!

Doreen