Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 10:21

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict
Stats: 170/159/140
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Carbohydrate Addicts membership

There do not seem to be a lot of members that are following the Carbohydrate Addicts plan. And when I read about the different plans there was little info about this plan.

I read this book almost 10 years ago when I was at an all-time high of 160 lbs after quitting smoking. I bought it because 1) nothing else was working (low caloric intake, counting fat grams, etc.) and 2) I thought it was going to be eat all the carbs you want . . .boy was a shocked as I read it . . . that I actually had to take the carbs away.

But it was what I'd always needed to do! I struggled to stay under 140 lbs in high school when my friends were 110. But I'm a carb addict thru and thru. In 3 mos on this plan I'd lost 33 lbs, was thinner than I'd been in high school (127 lbs), and maintained it for a couple years until I started having babies.

I'd like to make a couple comments about this plan:
1) You are not required to take in so much protein
2) The reward meal is very satisfying, so you never feel deprived (no carb counting during your reward meal)
3) If this plan is for you, and your problem has to do w/insulin levels in your blood, the reward meal concept works & you feel satiated 15 min. into your 1-hour.

How I know it's for me:
1) As long as I don't cheat all day, I can eat whatever I want during my hour & lose weight (or maintain once my body reaches a comfortable weight, btn 130-140)
2) My triglycerides return to normal (which were always 3x too high as a teenager & the doctors couldn't figure out why)
3) I actually feel "full" when I eat dinner.
4) It is the ONLY way that I lose weight in my mid-section, which is obviously all the stored carbs/insulin.

I think everyone's different, but this plan has worked for me and for a few people that I've recommended it to, yet I don't see much on the board about it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 11:20
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello usedtobe! Your post has been moved to the CAD/CALP section of the forum where your information and advice will assist others following CAD/CALP.

This forum is run entirely on a volunteer basis and the Plan Comparisons are synopsis - just the facts, no personal commentary - of the most popular eating plans and have been written by forum users. We stress that the Plan Comparison is not a substitute for reading the actual book and encourage members to read the book, participate in and start forum discussions.

So, stick around and participate. It's the users of the CAD/CALP forum that keep it thriving!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 06:36

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Hello!

and welcome to the CAD/CALP forum! Hope that you enjoy it and best of luck with your losing!

-animaldoc
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 07:54

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome to the CAD group, I love this WOE too. I have been on plan for 4 weeks, and have lost just 5-1/2#, but that is okay with me, as I always have trouble with my weight loss. And as long as this weight loss is steady, I will be happy. I think I can live with this eating plan.

Glad to know it worked for you in the past.

I hope it works again,
Keep us posted on your progress.