Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145-1/140/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Skinned My Nose On A False Start.....

OOOh, I think maybe reading the book ENTIRELY would be a smart idea! I had bought the Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution (the "New" one was out of stock) and basically skimmed through the book taking bits and pieces along the way into my eating habits. I was following pretty closely until I got a little crazy in whipping cream territory !
To make a long story longer, I now am at the start of induction week again, feeling pretty stupid, and probably 2 or 3 pounds heavier because I said to myself, "Self?" heh heh, "you screwed up induction anyway, so why not enjoy the weekend by eating every taboo tidbit in sight??! You never really had a last hurrah meal, honestly, and doing that will make you feel like you didn't deprive yourself! When next are you going to be able to polish off a whole pint of Haagen again? Huh?!" Word of advice:don't listen to yourself. You're a baaaad influence
What I'd like to know is....IS THIS NORMAL???? Have others wiped out on the starting line? Please spill it and give the miserable some company!
Once again, wish me luck!
Lotsa good stuff,
xoLilshug
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 12:34

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Rest assured. After reading this forum for over a year now....you are not the only newbie that has scuff marks

Brush yourself off, forgive yourself, and get back on the wagon. You are correct when you say we are a bad influence for ourselves

One little cheat does hurt. One little bit is the kiss of death. It does get easier though
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 12:45

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

Learning curves are learning curves, and this one is like many others. I'm 19 months in and still learning. So forgive yourself for being human and keep going--don't even think of it as "starting over," but continuing to learn, improve, heal.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 13:37
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks!

I am so impressed and grateful for the warmth and patience everyone on this site displays. Thanks for the swift replies, and encouragement!!!
I'm thinking about starting a journal. It'd be good to have everything recorded for evidence.................
xoLilshug
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 13:57

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Oppositional? Who Me?

When I first thought about lo carbing, that maybe it was the answer, it was bout 3 weeks ago and I immediately bought a bunch of high carb stuff and binged. Scary, huh?

Now I have read several books on lo carb and a bunch of material from the web and I am dedicated. Am gearing up to do induction, Atkins style, and see how that works for me.

I would say that the biggest problem for me is "diet mind". The short termer syndrome, you know... I want to wake up tomorrow, thin, rich, and able to eat whatever I want (ie chocolate) all day long...

<grin>

I am going to do this, and it is going to take time... but hang in there!!

-Misty
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 14:04

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Ya know....

I said many many months ago that I wish the word DIET would work the way we want it to.

Sit quietly in a room, say the word DIET 10 times softly and lose weight. It would be my new mantra.

However we all know IT DOESN"T WORK THAT WAY! darn it.

Almost makes one want to cry
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 14:55
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default I Second That!

Or better yet- say, "Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate" followed by a bite each time in a quiet room. THEN wake up thinner!
xoLilshug
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 15:08

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Wow...

This forum always makes me feel better....

You guys understand sooo well...
I am so glad to have this forum, I think doing low carb would be much harder without it!!

Misty