Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 07:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/235/200
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default 4 more lbs. vanquished by LC WOE

When you have as far to go as I do, it seems like it's never fast enough but actually I'm quite satisfied. Four more pounds this week! (I weigh every Friday)

Here are some interesting things I have found.

- My blood pressure is consistantly lower than it has been in several years! Although he's not real crazy about the Atkins WOE, my doc say's "whatever you're doing, keep doing it!"

- Right or wrong, I'm pretty much having to stay on induction for the results I want. Less than 10 carbs per day.

- While exorcize may not be necesary, 3 - 4 times per week of 30 minute treadmill and light weights seem to be helping quite a bit.

- It took me a couple of months to figure out what I could eat and what I can not and still lose like I want.

- Weekends are for moderation. I eat more carbs and do not get bent out of shape over it.

- Jalapeno peppers are one of my loves. Especially this time of year when the garden fresh variety are not as strong as they will be in the heat of the summer. Unfortunately, they tear my stomach up now. So instead of eating two or three in a sitting, I only have one.

- This forum is great. Although I usually do not post but once a week, I read daily. I AM NOT ALONE!

Although I'm not big on cheerleading, I can't help but say......

Let's ALL keep it up. WE can do it, we can do it, we can do it!

Cheers to ALL!

Paul
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 07:41
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Congrats on that 4 MORE pounds Paul!!! They sure fit in nicely with all the other pounds you've worked so hard to lose!!

I have a question...you only eat 10 carbs a day? Would you share with me what those 10 carbs are from? Are you feeling okay with only that amount carbs for your body to run on.

Anyrooooo...Great weight lose there!!

Happy FRIDAY!!

hugs...Cin
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 08:08
Registered Member

Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default That's great Paul!

I'm so happy for you! I'm on a slooooow loss, but that's okay, as long as it's either stable or going down, I'm pretty happy. The very best to you. I'm like you in that I don't post everyday, but I do read at least once a day!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 10:58
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cinderella
I have a question...you only eat 10 carbs a day? Would you share with me what those 10 carbs are from? Are you feeling okay with only that amount carbs for your body to run on.

Anyrooooo...Great weight lose there!!

Happy FRIDAY!!

hugs...Cin

Thanks Cinderella!

The 10 or less carbs seems to be fine. I exorcize 3 to 4 times a week and take a high quality vitamin sup. and I think those things help. I still have plenty of energy.

I get my CARBS mostly from veggies and sauces. I only eat veggies with my evening meal. Some of the dishes I prefer are sauteed asparagus with fresh grated parmasean cheese melted on top of them, pork rine breaded pan fried yellow squash, grilled bell pepers, whole fresh jalapena peppers, and small garden salads with ranch dressing.

Some of the sauces I make are also a source for carbs. I use mayo (Hellmans) to make dipping sauces for the meat I cook. I count each tablespoon of Mayo as 2 carbs. A typical dipping sauce would be 3 tablespoons of mayo with a BBQ dry rub seasoning. I also like to mix chili powder with the mayo and add few pinches of stevia for a little sweetness.

I'm not saying that I'm right and I'm sure some will argue that I should take in more carbs but........ If I take in 15 to 20 per day, I stall or slow to a crawl.

Hope I answered your qusetions.

Have a great weekend!

Paul
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 11:03
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: That's great Paul!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa in MD
I'm so happy for you! I'm on a slooooow loss, but that's okay, as long as it's either stable or going down, I'm pretty happy. The very best to you. I'm like you in that I don't post everyday, but I do read at least once a day!

Thanks Lisa. I wish I were as far along as you are. 57% of goal? That's great, congrats!

I have no doubt that we'll both get there. Hopefully, we can both stay there!

Buenos Dias!

Paul
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 11:07

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Paul congrats on your success so far

The closer you get to your goal weight you will want to slow down to a crawl Trust me....the longer it takes to lose those last few pounds the better the chances are you have learned what you can and can not have in order to keep the weight off.

I have been holding at 150 for the past month now, and I believe I can safely say I got it! Now I just need to adjust a little bit in order to drop another few pounds

Great job to you on experimenting on food choices and learning the process.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 11:10
Registered Member

Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default I think I can!

Seriously, Paul, I really feel like I can eat like this forever. With so many low carb alternatives available for stuff like bread, ice cream, and cookies, there's really no reason not to be able to stick to it. Yes, the hidden carbs in many of these products DO slow down my loss, but there are times when I want a slice of bread or a chocolate candy and I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

Oh, and if you haven't read anything on it yet, let me be the first to say that my teeth feel wonderful. No sugars to make nasty plaque on them. The breath is bad; my husband's breath smells like an old, nasty attic, but it's worth it to put up with to know he's getting healthier as well. Eventually he'll be done and the attic smell will go away. I think it's a lot harder for me to get into ketosis, hence the breath doesn't smell bad. He's a big guy, 6'2", 280 pounds, so when he cut back on carbs, it was pretty easy for him to get into ketosis.

Take care, have a great weekend!