Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 148/125/115
BF:
Progress: 70%
Question anybody else notice a decrease in cellulite

i was just noticing that my cellulite is disappearing (acutally almost disappeared completely). even though i was thinner before, back then i had cellulite. i thought cellulite was just a way of life for most women

but apparently i was wrong

this was a very pleasant suprise for me

has anybody else noticed this too? i am extremely curious
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 15:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Smile Thank you for posting this, Karebear.

I was hoping that my cellulite would go away, but I really thought it was just a pipe dream. Never thought it could ever really happen. Now I have one more happy thing to look forward to!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:04

Stats: 196/137/130 Female 65.5
BF:Unknown
Progress: 89%
Cool

I'm with you Atrsy! I pray for the cellulite to melt away...hate the way it looks. Thanks for giving me new hope karebear. Have a great evening.

Betsy
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 21:04

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 145/120/125
BF:
Progress: 125%

i still have it on my thighs ... and oh i wish it would go away - i guess it is less than it was before - but i still see it and i have come to accept that it will NEVER go away! but maybe there is hope?!?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 137/122/115
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default right on...

You know, you are really right about that.. the unfortunate gene seems to run in my family but mine is definitely disappering!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:24
Registered Member

Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking

Thank you for posting this!! I haven't noticed a decrease in my cellulite yet (I seemed to have inherited a nasty gene for it). I'm going to run home from work, drop my pants and look at my thighs. It seems that no matter what weight I'm at, I've always had cellulite. It's been a huge source of embarassment for me when wearing shorts

Thanks for the encouragement, it's seeing posts like this that keep me going!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 21:53

Stats: 172/130/130
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Hi

I've noticed it's pretty much gone now on the back of my thighs, but not on the front. Is that wierd or what?????? Hopefully it'll all go away....
Jennie
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 06:33

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/0/0
BF:
Progress: 34%
Smile Possible reasons for cellulite

I was reading something, somewhere (so don't necessarily take this as FACT) that there is actually no such thing as cellulite, but that it is just regular ol' fat. The reason why it looks so lumpy is because fat cells (in some of us) don't line up in orderly configurations. Whatever it was that I read said that it could be genetic and that men hardly ever get it because their fat cells form nice orderly lines. They were also adamant that all those cremes and such did nothing whatsoever to lessen cellulite. They said the only way to lose cellulite was to decrease your overall fat percentage. So perhaps good news to us all!

Congratulations to you all! Whether it be for your loss of cellulite or decreased fat percentage, it's ALL GOOD!!!

#9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 15:24
Registered Member

BF:
Post i don't think anybody knows for sure

i have been surfing the internet to learn more about cellulite, and the more i read, the more i think that nobody really knows what causes it, if it is natural, or how to get rid of it.

i have read it is caused by being over weight (but why do skinny people have it )

i have read that it can be cause by toxins trapped in the cells (okay, maybe, or maybe not)

i have read that it can be caused by estrogen (sounds reasonable)

i have read that it can be genetic (sounds reasonable too)

i have also read that about 90% of women in developed countries, where ‘supermarket-food’ is consumed, have cellulite. (okay, what is the incidence in the other countries )

but from reading this thread i see that there is a good percentage of us seeing some improvement. maybe we are on to something with this low carb wol
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 16:17

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

yes yes yes!!

i have noticed a great improvement in my cellulite.
You know how in some lights it looks worse than others? We'll in the "good" light, I can't see any!

I think the nature of the muscle builing/fat buring that goes on with this WOL added to the increased exercise from having more energy are the main reasons.

By the time I reach goal I'm now pretty confident I won't have much at all...yee hah!

lesley
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 20:37

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default hmmmmmm.....

-------------------i have also read that about 90% of women in developed countries, where ‘supermarket-food’ is consumed, have cellulite. (okay, what is the incidence in the other countries ) --------------------

Maybe the other 10% of women in developed countries are 17 years old and never had babies/health problems/surgeries/husbands/or a weight higher than 108. LOL

I noticed something different (for me) the other day. I am getting into my smaller clothes at a much higher weight than I ever have in the past. I thought I KNEW what I would have to weigh to wear this favorite or that pair of jeans. Know what I mean? I keep surprising myself by finding that things are fitting sooner.

Maybe I am getting rid of the fat and keeping the muscle. Nice thought eh?

Libby
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 01:10
Registered Member

BF:
Cool very cool

way to go libbyfcr

now with all this great news, dosen't this make you wonder why the whole rest of the world is not trying to live a low carb life?

more muscle, less cellulite, more energy, . . . (not an exhaustive list)

and for me, a decrease in acne too. not bad, not bad at all.