Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 19:38

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 190/190/150 Female 5 feet 6 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking New Somersizer

Hello, I am new here and HOPE I posted to the right place. I need to lose more than I posted ...prolly around 100 lbs.)
I would love to chat or email anyone else who is using the somersizeplan..I would love to discuss recipes and meal plans and snacks with someone. I have tried just about every other plan out there and this is the first I feel comfortable with.. I was reading a post from Karen on another thread(forum) and she 'splained that when I caved in to carbs this weekend..why I felt like I was suffering a hangover now I understand!!
I had told my family about feeling like I had been hit by a truck and now I can tell them why I felt that way. I have been online almost ALL day... I can't seem to leave here today LOL....Will have to soon..my eyes are getting bug-eyedLOL.
You all are so helpful to eachother....I have definetly found my "home". some more....take care
Dyan2Lose
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 00:11

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

welcome! We have sommersizers here--do check the forum for that plan, too. Karen has a wealth of information and insight--so glad you've already found some of it helpful!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 19:25

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Thanks Razzle, I will !
Beth
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 05:04
Registered Member

Plan: sommersizing
Stats: 150/146.5/128
BF:
Progress: 16%

hiiiii
I am new sommersizer too! Just started this past monday. Headaches are almost gone. My mom is on this program and inspired me.. she has lost 22 # already! amazing..
I found a link to a SS recipe book on one of the forums that looks good. Keep in touch
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 14:42

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Arora, I don't have the pains that I was plagued with since before my youngest daughter was born...and she is 7. It is such a relief to not wake up in the middle of the night or couple hours before I am supposed to and have to sleep sitting up...also I don't have to buy rolaids near as often as I was...Hubby pointed that out to me...
Goog luck
Beth
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 17:04
Registered Member

BF:

what are you finding youself having for breakfast most mornings? this is the challenging part for me
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 20:58

BF:
Progress:
Wink

Don't ya just luv these smilies they have
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 21:01

BF:
Progress:
Cool

Don't ya just luv these smilies they have (oops i clicked enter and a short post went lol) For breakfast I usually have bacon and eggs and mushroms..and that usually holds me past lunchtime...Not used to that actuall feeling of fullness every day. Some days I just have a coupleboiled eggs and being allowed to have butter with it is such a treat! OH I usually have a couple apples 20 mins before breakfast. A couple mornings I have made SS souffle and it is so tasty. Hope this helps...I am still experimenting on diff breakfasts.
Beth
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 11:30
Registered Member

BF:

hhahah I love the smiling faces the rolling heads are my favourite as well.

I also like having eggs and sausages in the morning either that or oatmeal.. the thing I am struggling giving up though is ketchup. Ketchup!! I am a ketchup addict ahaha. oh well. lol
Will keep trying to keep that out of my mind.

How are you enjoying the decaf coffee ?? mmm isnt it? (NOT)
but at least its drinkable. hmm I think I found extra energy today .. felt the best I have all week!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 23:18

BF:
Progress:

Don't drink coffee, so don't have to get used to decaf..but I do like cocoa and from what I have read...I need to get decaf cocoa.
I LOVE ketchup and have had a wee bit on whatever I have wanted it on. Mos times I do without it.
Yum sausages and eggs...Yes very tasy. I can't seem to get used to oatmeal wihtout sugar. That is somehting must try harder to do.
Beth
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 20:59

BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Hi everyone...I am back after a couple months of falling of the wagon. I have some Atkin's info and schwarzbein priciple book and going to try to figure between the 3 of them, a way to make this LC WOE work. I seem to run out of snacks for myself and my family and then I lose all of my motivation. I am back and hopefully will lose this weight.
I did lose a size in my clothing and by spring the next size clothing were looser. I had begun a regular walking program early august but by early september I had stopped LC pretty much and lost all of the energy I had and quit walking . My 11 yr old son has been asking me if I am gonna start back up again and I told him THIS week I am no matter what!!! So hopefully by week's end I will be posting I am back to walking.
Beth