Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 11:02

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Talking Induction for Newbies!!

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#00ff00" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" SIZE=2FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Hey I think everyone knows by now that your better off reading the book if you really want to succeed on Atkins, However, there are still some confused newbies that would still rather read stuff on the internet instead..Not that I'm one to talk because I still haven't done a 100% legal induction lol... So heres a link that preatty much explains the basics that I don't think I have have seen anyone else post on here yet.. So.. </FONT></HTML>
Induction Rules

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#00ff00" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" SIZE=2FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Hope that helps! !</FONT></HTML>

Last edited by SlimShAdY : Mon, Feb-18-02 at 11:09.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:08

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

So ture slim,

People need to read the book.. Not only does it tell you what you can eat and cant eat, but it helps give you motivation as well. I have learned alot by reading my atkins book..
It has helpful hints, answers to questions and just plain great information...
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:23

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

not only read the book, but I'd say read a lot of the books! Use your local library--no reason to buy them all. Dr Bernstein and Neanderthin are fascinating, even if you are neither a diabetic nor wish to follow a paleolithic diet. Working your way through a book a month is a pleasant alternative to evening snacking, too.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:25

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

It's nice to see new people to the forums say exactly the same thng as us old timers.

When we say read the book, people sometime take offense thinking we are being mean or unhelpful. Honestly reading the book is the best thing to do for yourself It helps you understand exactly what to do, what you can't do and how to go about it.

Thanks for saying it again. Nothing replaces reading.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:25

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#00ff00" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Rtj, I totally agree with you! I have learned so much and have a better undestanding about Atkins after I read the book..I'm still confused on lots of things, and I admit I reasearched the diet before I went out and bought the book..lol But when I decided to do atkins, I bought the book! Its only 5 dollars ppl!

Ppl are just so used to reading simple instructions, like on SLimFast..replace 1-2 meals a day with slimfast, eat fruit and vegies, and a sensible dinner.. LoL Atkins is sooooo much more than that!

Eh hopefully after ppl read that link I just posted, they'll be more interested in it and decide to buy the book! Or at least read it at a library or something! </FONT></HTML>
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:28

Default Exactly!!

lol I agree with you all!!

Some ppl used to get mad at me for telling them to read the book..LoL like "u can't answer a simple question" I do if its an easy one..but u can tell when someone just wants directions on how to do it..

the sad part, half the ppl that look to do atkins..don't plan on doing it for life and gain it back...they use it as a quick weight loss.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:33

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank You Slim,

I agree I still get confused on a few things.. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks I have been doing this plan.. I dont plan of quiting it either... This is somthing truely I can live with...

I have decided to do intudion stage for a while longer. Granted my weight loss has come to a stand still, but I know it will resume..

I still post alot of question on the fourm... Its so nice to hear what advice others have to give....

Have a great day

Tammy