Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 14:20

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%
Lightbulb OK.. Here we go......

Well this is it...... I have decided to go back on induction.. I have been sitting pretty at 20 pounds gone for quite awhile now.

Now that the pleasure of going from size 40waist to 36waist in jeans has worn off.. its time to get cracking.

I know I have had a problem in the past of not eating enough...and seemed to be living off 1 meal a day.. I KNOW this is not right... who would of ever thought that I would actually loose my appetite!!

Well since its gone... I am looking for some quick ideas for meals and snacks.. Everything I think of on my own just doesnt get my taste buds tingling......

So...here I am....I need your help! I am asking my fellow low carbers for some quick reminders of what I can fill my face with on induction........

And now since I have posted this message I am bound by its contract of whats written within it.. Hahahaha! Oh well... Wish me luck!! I will be posting regularly again because this is not something I can do easily on my own!

hugs to all!

And my experiment with maintenance has ended wonderfully.. not one single pound was gained...

Shannon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 16:07

Plan: Meat, leaves, & berries
Stats: 192/175/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile Hi Shannon!

Congratulations and good luck!

Three things that I try to always have on hand because they're quick and easy:

Roast chicken from Safeway or whatever grocery. Very yummy and can be picked at over a couple of days. The skin is usually devoured before I get the rest of the groceries put away.

Egg salad made with mayo, chopped crispy bacon, green onion, dijon, and a little horseradish. Also very good, I scoop it up with pork rinds.

Salmon melt. Tinned salmon (sockeye is best but also most expensive) mixed with mayo, capers, green onion, and a little liquid smoke. Press flat on a plate, sprinke with a little grated cheddar and nuke until cheese is melted.

I also try and have a bag of already washed and chopped broccoli that I can eat raw. Not too crazy about broccoli - I eat it because it's good for me.

Hope this is useful!

Janice
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 18:59

BF:
Default Janice!

You know I had totally forgotten about those delicious little chicks at safeway!! Bless your heart for reminding me!! And egg salad!!! MMMMM egg salad..... I am the same way with the chicken skin! CRUNCH CRUNCH...lol! Oh and your salmon thing sounds awesome.. but I have a question.. what in the world is a caper? LOL! Color me stupid but I really dont know what it is.......

I love spinach....cooked that is...but there really isnt alot my narrow mind can do with it besides boil it and eat it! Any ideas would be great!

Also I noticed that our brand of generic whole egg mayo has less carbs then krafts regular mayo.. woo hoo that means I get to use more now!!!

ok all this talking is making me hungry! Thanks for your tips Janice.. I will be heading to safeway tomorrow!!

hugs
shannon
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:16

BF:
Smile Hi Shannon!

A caper, dahling, is a pickled nasturtium (spelled wrong I'm sure, sounds like nas-ter-shum , it's a flower) pod. You get them in the pickle aisle, they come in a small jar. Stay away from KRONOS brand as they are very salty. They don't taste great on their own but are fantastic with fish! Happy shopping!

Janice
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 21:11

BF:

HI Janice

Well I went to IGA and got myself a chicken.. I also got myself some capers.... I found em!!

Well I got my salmon ready to go... When I got home a scooped a little caper and ate it... and either I was really hungry or I am wierd because it sure tasted good!!! I ate a few more (haha)

So I ate some chicken for dinnah! And a side of spinach and I even ate some brussel sprouts too... hmm better check them for carbs....

Anyways I can safely report that I am indeed headed into full swing induction.. Got the headache right now to prove it!!

MAN these headaches suck!!! I better let the pain linger so I remember how much this sucks so I can hurry up and get to my goal without having to throw myself into induction again... UG!

I weighed myself this morning... and well.... I think someone is playing tricks on me....it cant possibly be correct... its only been 2 days..........

i will have to report tomorrow when it can be confirmed by a early morning weigh in.........

anyways i got this salmon here and this headache is killing me.. so i think i will make a salmon melt.. although I think I want to try grilling it......sounds good eh? throw a few extra capers on top... and presto!!

I have only eaten once today and that was not until 5pm....so I want to throw a snack in before bed,... personally for me.. i have not found any difference in weight loss/gain in regards to what time I eat.... I find now it is more of what I am eating....that could make a difference either way.

Thanks Janice I really appreciate your tips!

Hugs
Shannon
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 21:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Try this site too although been having trouble with the computer lately, hope it works, great food ideas

http://users.erols.com/dyandan/breakfast.htm
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 23:43

BF:

Hey Wendy!!

How you been keeping? I like your new green head but miss seeing your face instead haahha..

Thanks for the link that should help me greatly.... I never have been much of a cook,,, well ok maybe i could be.. but all the things I know how to cook are high in carbs!

Hows your winter been?? Mine has been ok .. ofcourse I am not exactly thrilled! But only maybe 2 more months of this white stuff... I am an optimist!

A friend of mine who has diabetes and MS and a few other ailments was put on a low carb diet by her Dr.. she has not been following it really because she loves to cook! I mean this lady is a miracle worker!!

So first thing I did.. since she loves sweets!! Is sent her all the recipes I liked in the desserts area.. hahaahah!!!

Arn't I sneaky?? I will head over tomorrow and hope to god she couldnt resist the layered peanut butter pie... MM MMM!

The thing is.. she is real thin already.... I just wonder if her Dr understands that she will drop weight that she really should hold onto?

I think she weighs 102 pounds?

Oh well.. thanks for link and if I cant get her baking for me.. I guess I will bite the bullet and make them myself!! One question though.. I saw this isolate protien powder alot in the different recipes... where can I find that???

well guess its time for bed!

See you soon

Hugs
Shannon!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 09:11

BF:

Wow.... I'm such a retard....I forgot how easy this can be when you just stick to it..... I am on the other side of 205 now .. and I cant wait for 190.... It kinda scared me for a second thinking that I could wake up sometime this week and finally be on the downside of 200.... WOW!

#9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 11:53

BF:
Cool Girl, you're on a roll!

Way to go! Are you going to journal?

Last night I made the Cheeseburger Casserole (recipe's in the food forum) and it was DELISH!

Have a great day!

Janice
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 15:11

BF:
Cool

HI Janice!

Well I journaled before when I started it back in August? Its been quite some time since I added onto it.. I guess I should... It just amazes me how this WOL gives me so much control!! I said I wanted to start induction again and loose a few more.. and well here I am.... It is so rewarding to have your efforts pay off so quickly... I continue to be blown away!

What about you?? Your pretty close to your goal too! I mean really on the grand scale of things... you are close... closer then you were when you started..

I think some people think 190 for a goal is too much but really I am close to 5'9 and in the past at 185 I was just right! But then I guess that depends on who you ask.

Oh well I am headed for 190 and if I am not satisfied with my physical ability at 190 I may re-assess my goal.

Right now I am still having lower back pain that went away after the 20gone mark....

So we shall see what happens,..... I think this little jar of capers will be gone before sunday haahahahah!

Hugs
Shannon