Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Talking Water worked Swooshhhh!!!

I posted about a two week stall.through replys I relized I needed to take out a few things like SF jello & drink more water ive been floating in water & it worked I woke up 3 pnds lighter today then yesturday!! Now I no I better drink alot of fluids to keep the weight coing off I guess Im one of the strange ones who get swooshes every time I drop some weight it comes of In 2-3 pnds overnight strange it must of ben water weight...So far ive lost 15 pnds in 33 days not bad ive gained 15 pnds in a month before this is much better & yes I'll be careful getting excited over this woosh because I no all to well it could bounce back up if I dont drink plenty of water......THANXS NAT for your post the other day!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 161/151/130
BF:
Progress: 32%

Congrats girlie!!! You are now my inspiration!! I am a newbie too(only 1 week), and although I feel lighter(haven't checked the inches lately), I still have not lost any weight. I too am drowning in water, but I will now PATIENTLY wait for my swoooooch cuz of you!! Way to go!! Wish you lots of luck!! Thanks for your post.
I'm toasting a glass to you right now!! lol
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:53

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Hello Jonnee,
I peeked at your profile. We have similar stats and your birthday is 2 days before mine. Our goal weights are the same too. Let me know how you do on induction (your first two weeks.)

Good luck. (I lost 7 lbs in first week of induction, and 2 the next week.)

I'm now at 150.5 (started at 162) at New Year's (I've fallen off a few times, but restarrted Induction 3 days ago and feel my resolve growing. The water was very hard for me at first, still is, the only way I can manage it is to carry a liter of water around. That way I'm reminded to drink. Best of luck.

Ruby
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 13:05

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

congratulations, melanie! this is great news. keep up that h20.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 161/151/130
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey Ruby----thank you soooo much for replying. This is so much fun having people to cheer on and be cheered by!!! We will now be birthday buddies(but guess what, mine is the big 50 this year!) Sigh... anyway, I will be your cheerleader buddy and I hope I can tell u soon that I am doing as well. You are really off and running!! Hope to hear from you soon.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 14:18
Registered Member

Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 7 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

How much water do you drink a day? 64 ounces? Or more? Curious here.

Christy
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 15:14

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

WTG Melanie!

Isn't it amazing what a little more water can do?

Nat
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 17:19

Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thank you everyone!!!!

What happened was last week I lost 6 pnds which put me at 197 but I was real sick & didnt drink or eat very well I was excited to loose 6 pnds in one week Then 3 days latter on Monday I weighed in & I was back up 6 pnds boy was I disapointed big time since my last loss was over two weeks ago..So I posted a messages which Nat & some others replied to So I took there advice to make sure im drinking enough water I was also constipated bad. I started drinking 8 16 oz glasses a day =128 oz a day My cravings went away I was hungry alot now Im not I gotta force myself to eat my meals.& I have more energy I also started excersising only 15 minutes a day & a walk around the block to pick my Daughter up from the bus stop.Im hoping I'll get where I can excersise more No pain no loss right???? I have a stair stepper that is murder on my legs heres my losses in inches so far

33 days lc
3 1/2 hips
3 stomache
4 waist
3 bust
1 calves
1 thigh

total inches lost= 15.5
2.5 inches was this week alone
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 08:43
Registered Member

Stats: 220/209/185 Female 5 10
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Hello

I am new to this board and was thrilled to find it! I started low carbing on Jan 2. I am disapointed that I have lost 6 pounds had been 8 then went up to. I had surgery last month so I have been told to let my body heal. I have to give up the nuts and drink more water to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to have a whoossssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Cath