Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 16:26

Plan: Nutritionist
Stats: 163/157/125
BF:
Progress: 16%
Unhappy Looking for some advice...

Hey everyone...I need some motivation. I have been on a low carb diet through a nutritionist since June 2001, and I was extremely happy with the weight and inches that I lost. But I have had some tough times since then... I have moved three times in 3 months and have been overwhelmed with stressful situations. I am at the point where none of my clothes fit anymore and it is very discouraging and depressing. I am an emotional eater, above all. I really am desperate to get back on track and be the 125 pound girl that I was last month...could someone please give me some advice of some sort? Anything would be helpful at this point. Thanks so much. E-mail Me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 16:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome, Favre Fan. It's great that you have your own plan, tailor-made by a nutritionist! You have something you know works

This isn't the deepest or most complicated advice you'll probably get, but perhaps the best thing to do in your situation is simply start over. It might help to read one of the low carb books-- Protein Power, or Atkins (there's a new version, with more background info). It will reinforce what your nutritionist told you, give you reasons for what you're doing, as well as some recipes and suggestions for how to structure a way of eating with low carb.

You've been through some rough times, and we all get derailed by stressful periods, so don't be too hard on yourself. You can always restart (for some people, it helps not to think of it as "starting again" but "getting back on plan." Whichever works for you, go for it!)

If you'd like, start a Journal. A lot of us find that's an extra motivation and a good way to keep accountable.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 17:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Tough times

I'm sorry to here that you have come to the same place I have come to myself before. I think that my clothing is my worst enemy. My only words of advice are to start with the next thing you put in your mouth, not tomorrow, not next week but the next piece of food. It doesn't matter if it's at 10 o'clock at night. You can say I have officially started. Good eating kid