Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 20:48

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 225/175/148
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default OMG, first whoosh!!!!! Yeah!!!!

Okay all,

I was a little disappointed when I weighed the first time after about 2 weeks or so of low carbing and had only lost three pounds. I waited a week and weighed tonight at the gym and 5 POUNDS DOWN SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY. I must have floated to the workout room. That is 8 pounds since November 25, so I'm pretty happy with that. I know it won't continue to come off at that rate, but talk about motivation. I've been eating good (all my veggies, salads, etc,) so I was surprised to have such a tremendous loss. Oh well, just couldn't wait to get home and change those stats. I'm going to do that right after I finish this post. Hope you all had a wonderful day. It was rainy and cold here today, but tonight sure made it a bright end to a dreary day.

Thanks for letting me share.

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 21:07
Registered Member

Plan: pregnant so maintenance level
Stats: 136/122/---
BF:
Progress: 89%

WELL DONE!! doesn't it feel great?!
I had a woosh last week after no loss for 6 weeks so am happy too!
Well done on your eating, REAL food is the way to go- meat, veggies, butter, oil, etc, rather than what some refer to as 'Franken-foods' made up of chemicals and alcohol sugars. Many people find they slow or stall if they start eating things like low carb bars, and artificially sweetened things.
It's also great you realise that things may slow down, some people get terribly disappointed when the don't lose 10lb a week after week 1. (ok, so I exaggerate , but you get the drift) but don't let it get you down. Having something else to focus on when the scales won't budge is a help.
Have you done your measurements? this can be a big help when the going gets slow, and you may be losing inches but not pounds.

Anyway, congratulations, keep up the great work!
Angela
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 21:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Way to go --- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 21:16

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 225/175/148
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Angela_NZ

Angela,

So coo that I already have a reply and from New Zealand, no doubt. Isn't the internet the most wonderful thing? To answer your question, I've been too afraid to take my measurements yet. It was really all I could muster to get on the scales again. I am going to try to measure myself soon. Gotta find my roll up tape measure to do it, though. Thanks again for the congratulations and words of encouragement.

J
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 07:24

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Way to go Julie!!
Isn't it great that just when you think you are getting nowhere.... the scale becomes your best friend again!?
Keep up the good work! Today (after almost a month on lo-carb) I am starting an exercise program-- can't afford the gym right now but I have a TOTAL Gym ( works on the weight of your body) and dumbbells so its time I stop procratinating!!
CONGRATS!!
Ellie