Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 01:04

Plan: the go-diet
Stats: 255/255/200
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up I am so excited!!!

Hello everybody,
I am so excited about the At. Diet. I am starting it with my girlfriend and we are very happy to have found this site. I have been struggling with my weight for at least 15 years, but I have never actually commited to a plan. Well, it is a bout time and Atkins is the one. Wish me luck!!!!!
Question? How safe is it to work out while following the plan?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 01:11

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 246/218/135
BF:
Progress:
Default I feel your excitement!

Nantch,

I just logged on for the first time myself. I am glad you have someone to help you, and that you can help, too. I have two roomates and, oh god, sometimes walking into our cereal, chips, ice cream infested kitchen is so hard to do!!!

I started at 246, so I know about where you are. I think I read that you are doing a different plan than me, (I'm on Adkins), but I can't believe that exercise would be benefecial on any plan! I've been "briskly" walking and jogging for at least an hour a day, 5 days a week since I started. I am sure that it has made me feel better, as well as accelerated my weight loss.

Good luck!!
Pretty Soon
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 10:38

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Welcome

Welcome,

Exercising is one of the best things for you and is encouraged to do while following these programs. Remember you are in this for the long haul. You are changing your way of life and the way you eat from here on in. If you go back to breads, potatoes and such after you hit goal, chances are you will regain your weight.
Find other foods that are low carb and tasty that will satisfy those carb cravings.
Exercise will help speed up the weight loss, as well as drinking your water!!

Best of luck

Kassy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 10:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: I am so excited!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nantch
Question? How safe is it to work out while following the plan?

Welcome, Natch

It's quite safe to workout while doing LC; however it is advisable that you wait a few weeks until your body is accustomed to burning a different type of fuel; specially if you're just beginning an exercise program. I found it took me a good 2 weeks to get back on track at the same intensity I was working out at prior to LC. Ease yourself into it and remember to drink plenty of water and take a potassium supplement .

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 11:08

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%

How "gaggy" is it drinking a glass of salt substitute water? That sounds terrible to me... if it were real salt anyway.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 11:16

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Meek, 1/8th teaspoon is a tiny amount and if you use a very large glass of water it's not that bad - btw, sucking on an icecube before drinking anything displeasing will mask the taste quite effectively.

Nat
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 11:30

BF:

Didn't notice it was so little. I'd probably do it as a shot anyway, get it over with. Makes me wonder what's in those 99mg pills I've been taking to make them so big. Pure sugar probably
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 11:34

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Welcome aboard!

Welcome to a new outlook on food and you will very soon see the evidence you'll need to keep at it. I do agree about slow in...it takes your body an average of 2 wks to adjust to each of these changes and depending on your previous exercise level that may vary. Take it slow, walk or swim if avail for supported movement.

I did try the no-salt 650 mg. in a large glass of water...maybe I put a little too much in I will try the icecube trick because holding my nose didn't fool my tastebuds (nu-salt wasn't avail in our area Nat, does it taste funky too?)

Anyway stay excited and check out the great recipes on the board they are really boosting my progress and more importantly my strength to hang in there. Especially that Mock Danish!(Thanks Nat)...Happy, Happy, Happy!

Bsayne
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 14:00

BF:
Default Concentrated Evil

Nu-Salt is really bad. I made the mistake of pouring it into some diet pepsi. Interesting chemical reaction... but bad bad taste.
So I tried it straight...eek.
I'm going to try it in water right now... Swallowable, but my gag reflex is already active from the unfortunate Diet Pepsi incident, and I didn't have much in there.

Maybe I can buy those empty gelatin caps and fill them myself.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 14:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi nantch

welcome here and congrats for changing your WOE. I didnt start working out until after the induction diet but since then I usually do some form of exercise 5 times a week. The really neat part is that I dont use weights however I do muscle building exercises and I have more muscle definition now than I did when I was a teen!! Its all because eating this way encourrages your body to rid itself of fat and then builkds muscle.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 20:50

Plan: the go-diet
Stats: 255/255/200
BF:
Progress:
Wink Thanks a million!!!!!!

I would like to thank anyone of you for your kind and encouraging words. What a great community we have!!!
Any feedback on how our diet works with "steroids" medication?
Thanks in advance
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 07:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default WELCOME!!

Welcome aboard!! I'm a new member of this forum, and find the folks are just great!! I've always exercised, and didn't change any part of my regimen. When I began low carbing, I was waiting for any difference in exercise performance, but only found I just had alot more energy. The only thing I added to my exercise regimen was to be sure to drink enough water, and added a potassium supplement. Glad you found this forum -

jan